Windows 10: Issue with Local Camera Used over RDC

Discus and support Issue with Local Camera Used over RDC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have a user working from home with a new laptop and is connecting to her office computer via RDC; Video Capture Devices is selected under Local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Larsen E, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Larsen E Win User

Issue with Local Camera Used over RDC

We have a user working from home with a new laptop and is connecting to her office computer via RDC; Video Capture Devices is selected under Local Resources on the RDC options. When attempting to access the camera in Teams or via the camera app on the office computer it says it cannot find a camera. This user can remote to a different computer in the same office and doesn't have any issue using her camera; I have connected to the machine with the issue but also cannot connect a camera.I have verified privacy settings for the camera are sufficiently permissive.Updated all found drivers through

:)

Larsen E, Apr 27, 2021

2. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Camera driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• How exactly are you opening the Camera on the computer?
    • Are you using default Camera app or other camera app?

I suggest you to follow the method below to open Camera app in the computer and update the Camera driver in the Device Manager.

Step 1: I recommend you to open the Camera through default Camera app and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Camera" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if you are able to use the Camera.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the Camera driver and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Imaging Devices.

4. Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Camera on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Issue with Local Camera Used over RDC

RDC to local computer using O365 accounts and MFA

Context:

• I was doing this before MFA was enabled, the moment MFA was turned on, I was kicked from the local RDC and cannot log back into the RDC
    • All accounts are O365
    • Both Computers are AD joined, and on windows 10 enterprise
    • We do not have or use an RDG, NPS or MFA server ( Azure or otherwise )
    • I can use MFA everywhere else just fine ( Teams, SFB, Office, Outlook, etc )
    • I just want to multitask across computers on the same network..

Googling only returns results like: this

I've tried using app passwords which worked for my 'Skype for Business' problem..

I've tried using the security device credential.

I can RDC using the local Admin account ( not o365 ), and that spits me to the signin page. Wherein have the ability to use the Device Security Credential. But then it just says that the DSC is incorrect. ( plus, it's just a workaround )

Is there a way for me to RDC across my local network, using O365 accounts, while MFA is turned on?

Frostytheswimmer, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Issue with Local Camera Used over RDC

1. Issue with Local Camera Used over RDC - Similar Threads - Issue Local Camera

2. File Sharing Over a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  3. RDC question.

RDC question.: Hello.I have an end user who is trying to remote in to one of our workstations using RDP through a Citrix session. It needs to display on both monitors, but can only display on one through RDP. I selected 'Use all my monitors for remote session', but it did not solve the...
  4. RDC

RDC: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Home laptop to Windows 10 Pro so I could use RDP/RDC between my home desktop and home laptop. I am presently unable to RDC my Win 10 Pro laptop to my Win 10 Pro desktop or vice versa. Details: -I have tried connecting from both directions;...
  5. Button issue with Microsoft InteliMouse after using RDC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Button issue with Microsoft InteliMouse after using RDC: I've been having an issue with my Microsoft InteliMouse that has been irritating me for years. Now that I'm alternating between working remotely and working in the office every other day it's become even more so and I've yet to find a solution. I'm left handed and like my...
  6. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.: Every time I open my camera the display is black. there is no picture. my laptop is Hp cs2082tx OS Windows 10 version 2004. It was working fine till the day before , suddenly when I opened today , it is totally blacked out. the LED indicator near me camera is working when I...
  7. Connecting to local printer over internet

Connecting to local printer over internet: Apologies if this is the wrong board to post this. I have been asked to set up a remote connection from a laptop directly to a local printer connected to the router, without remote connection to the office pc, so that the person using the laptop at home can print to the local...
  8. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.: facing this issue since my laptop was upgraded to windows 10. Contacted support many times but still it is not fixed. - Is Microsoft so incapable that they cannot fix this issue created by them only ?...
  9. Camera keeps crashing over and over!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera keeps crashing over and over!: SERIOUS WARNING! Okay. So I made a YouTube channel 2 days ago and when we were trying to take a YouTube profile picture, the camera lags and stops also with the frame service. Here's what the event said: The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly. It...
  10. RDC after encryption

RDC after encryption: I have encrypted both my host computer and home computer and now can't connect to the host after it has updated. Is there a way to use the bit key remotely? 61118