Windows 10: Issue with lock screen background picture

Discus and support Issue with lock screen background picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Settings Personalize Lock screen, I have checked Windows Spotlight. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is also checked. Yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grandpa Jim, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Issue with lock screen background picture

In Settings Personalize Lock screen, I have checked Windows Spotlight.
    "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is also checked.
    Yet every tine I boot my desktop computer, I see the same "background" picture a Paris monument. I am not asked if I like it or told that Windows will show me more like this.
    I have a Windows 10 laptop that shows a new picture every time turn it on.
    Any idea why this happens and how to "correct" it?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Aug 6, 2020

2. Lock Screen background picture

Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen.
    I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture.
    I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I can't find any option to save the image. on closing the window & returning to the lock screen the picture does not appear to save and returns to the standard blue background with date and time.
    I can't find any option to save the image as a lock screen wallpaper.
    Does anybody have any suggestions.
    Regards,
    Mark.

anorakmark, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Issue with lock screen background picture

Lock Screen Background

Hi Jean,

It's possible that you are updating the wrong configuration setting. The
    Background
    setting under Windows Settings > Personalization will update the background picture that will be shown on your desktop where icons are placed. Meanwhile, the
    Lock screen setting will update the background picture that will be shown when you are logging in to your device.

To update your Lock scren setting, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Lock screen settings in the search bar and press
      Enter
    3. Under Background, make sure the it is set to Picture.
    4. Click the Browse button.
    5. Locate the picture that you want to set as lock screen background and click
      Choose picture

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Issue with lock screen background picture

1. Issue with lock screen background picture - Similar Threads - Issue lock screen

2. Lock screen Pictures issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen Pictures issue!: See this locked thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lockscreens-slideshow-speed-in-win11/7650feed-be7c-41cb-b9d1-5e0b2b50bf29 Well I have the same issue. I tried to change my lock screen to a completely new set of slideshow pictures,...
  3. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  4. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  5. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  7. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  8. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

9. Removing the lock screen background picture.

Removing the lock screen background picture.: I need a help. How shoud I remove my own pictures as the background for my lock screen?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-lock-screen-background-picture/82c1d201-b55b-424d-b3c4-3d087ad999d1
  10. Lock Screen background picture

Lock Screen background picture: Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen. I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture. I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I...