Windows 10: Issue with logging into Microsoft accounts settings app Windows 10

Discus and support Issue with logging into Microsoft accounts settings app Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have inquired in the past about this issue. I have 2 computers, 1 desktop, 1 laptop. Both were upgraded to windows 10 when it was free forced from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Keith Dunbar, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Issue with logging into Microsoft accounts settings app Windows 10

I have inquired in the past about this issue. I have 2 computers, 1 desktop, 1 laptop. Both were upgraded to windows 10 when it was free forced from Microsoft. Both recently have the Feature update Windows 10 version 2004. There are zero issues with the desktop. However the laptop in another matter. Both 'devices' are listed at my Microsoft Account, and both indicate "no Issues". I have 2 email addresses, the primary being a outlook account. Both computers are setup with a 4 digit pin # for logging in after a start/restart/ or wake up. Of course the pins are different on each. When I launch the Settings app on the laptop, in the upper left my name appears, below that it says local account , then "sign in." I want it to be like the desktop, meaning it logs in using my Microsoft account password. Obviously that password is the same for both my outlook email account and Microsoft Account. No issue either device. With the desktop, when I launch the Settings app, it shows logged in with my email address under my name and Microsoft Account below that. The laptop in never signed in, and no matter what I try I am not able to complete a successful sign it. I have all available passwords relevant to both computers. I recently received a response to this issue suggesting that when I get to where it asks to put in the password 'one more time' to leave it blank. Sorry...dude, doesn't work. Obviously, none of this prevents me from using the laptop. That's what I am on currently. It just ticks me off that I spend MY money on a device, that legally belongs to me but I am forced to have some computer guy from Microsoft screw it up for me. Most likely, I'm wasting my time typing all this. I may or may not receive another response with some lame suggested fix, that goes no where. Fro what I've read everywhere on the net, this problem numbers in the hundreds of thousands dealing with issues arising from these updates.

:)

Keith Dunbar, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Issues with logging into Store and Mail with Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Hi Ravi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change computer is not connected to the network or there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "while log in to Microsoft account in store or mail ", are you connected to the internet while trying to configure Microsoft account in Store and Mail? Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail app?
    • Are you logged into the Microsoft Account or Local Account?

I suggest you to run the below Windows Store apps troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into store and mail, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Issue with logging into Microsoft accounts settings app Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Issue with logging into Microsoft accounts settings app Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Issue with logging into Microsoft accounts settings app Windows 10

1. Issue with logging into Microsoft accounts settings app Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issue logging Microsoft

2. cant log into microsoft account in settings, cant log in via xbox app for game pass or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant log into microsoft account in settings, cant log in via xbox app for game pass or...: randomly started happening yesterday, no hardware changescant log into microsoft account in settings, cant log in via xbox app for game pass or microsoft store oops something went wrongxbox app on pc unable to login, 0x8007000e sometimes says too many tries?has anyone else...
  3. cant log into microsoft account in settings, cant log in via xbox app for game pass or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant log into microsoft account in settings, cant log in via xbox app for game pass or...: randomly started happening yesterday, no hardware changescant log into microsoft account in settings, cant log in via xbox app for game pass or microsoft store oops something went wrongxbox app on pc unable to login, 0x8007000e sometimes says too many tries?has anyone else...
  4. Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Settings: I am signed in using a Local Account, as Administrator, in Settings>Accounts>Your Info.I choose the option "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead."I enter name and password I know they are correct - I am signed in to this website using that name/pw.I get the following...
  5. Issues Logging into Microsoft Account

Issues Logging into Microsoft Account: I've just bought a laptop from a friend and I'm trying to sign into my microsoft account instead of just using a user profile. I can get past the email address and password and then it says "we need your login password one last time". So I type in the same password I typed in...
  6. issues with logging in to microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    issues with logging in to microsoft account: I recently deleted an alias from my Microsoft Account. All last week was able to log into my computer but this morning when I try to log in says password is not valid. Try to change password and this is what I am getting "This is not a recognized Microsoft account, try...
  7. Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in): Hey, I'm really frustrated and out of ideas so.im.hoping someone can help me out and save me nuking my account. My user profile seems to have become corrupted. On my main PC i have two users, mine and my wifes. When i log into my account i cannot use Edge (white screen...
  8. Logged in with temporary account & Microsoft App store

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logged in with temporary account & Microsoft App store: Hi, 1. This is a child account & whenever I sign in I receive the message that its logged in with a temporary account. it asks me to sign out and sign in again to fix the issue but it does not. The adults' account seems to be fine with no problems. 2. The Microsoft store...
  9. Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10

Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10: Lately, I have been experiencing issues logging into my Microsoft Account, ONLY on my Windows 10 computer as every other log in works just fine. I am using a Local Account (Due to some very unfortunate Windows Profile Glitches a year ago I had to transfer all my old data...
  10. Issue with microsoft account log in to Windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with microsoft account log in to Windows: I have Windows 10 - have been using it with no issues til recently. Computer rebooted and all of a sudden it requires my daughter to log in with her microsoft account password. How can I get my computer back? the desktop is mine, the files are mine, it just changed the log...