Windows 10: Issue with MAKECAB and EXPAND

Discus and support Issue with MAKECAB and EXPAND in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, So i am trying to wrap one single file - xml into .cab archive. I use makecab.exe to do that with simple command: makecab.exe myfile.xml... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IvanKanchev, May 29, 2019.

1. Issue with MAKECAB and EXPAND

Hi All,

So i am trying to wrap one single file - xml into .cab archive. I use makecab.exe to do that with simple command:

makecab.exe myfile.xml mycab.cab

The CAB is created and if i doubleclick it i see the file in there and i am able to extract it ok.

The problem comes when i try to expand the cab through cmd or powershell. I use the following:

expand.exe mycab.cab -f:myfile.xml c:\mydir

The command completes successfully, but when i look into c:\mydir i see mycab.cab file 0.o As if the cab extracted itself.. Anyone had this problem before?

:)

IvanKanchev, May 29, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 29, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 29, 2019
  4. illimay Win User

Issue with MAKECAB and EXPAND

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

Issue with MAKECAB and EXPAND [​IMG]

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Issue with MAKECAB and EXPAND

1. Issue with MAKECAB and EXPAND - Similar Threads - Issue MAKECAB EXPAND

2. Expand the disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand the disk: I divided the volume, after that there were reinstallations of Windows. how to return to the previous size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expand-the-disk/b76cac5e-243b-486e-934b-89f6aacef5b8
  3. Expand the disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expand the disk: I divided the volume, after that there were reinstallations of Windows. how to return to the previous size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expand-the-disk/b76cac5e-243b-486e-934b-89f6aacef5b8
  4. 2 issues in Windows 10 - Taskbar and program expanding size issue with and wallpapers for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 issues in Windows 10 - Taskbar and program expanding size issue with and wallpapers for...: Hello. I am having a weird issue with my Windows 10 PC for the last few months. This is a fairly new computer that was built by me last year with all new parts so I hope it's not a hardware issue.Issue #1 - Almost every time I turn my computer on in the morning, my taskbar...
  5. 2 issues in Windows 10 - Taskbar and program expanding size issue with and wallpapers for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 issues in Windows 10 - Taskbar and program expanding size issue with and wallpapers for...: Hello. I am having a weird issue with my Windows 10 PC for the last few months. This is a fairly new computer that was built by me last year with all new parts so I hope it's not a hardware issue.Issue #1 - Almost every time I turn my computer on in the morning, my taskbar...
  6. Expand partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  7. Expand partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  8. Expanding Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expanding Storage: So I had just recently purchased an 'HP Stream Laptop 14"' and I was given about 50GB on the computer itself. I know that to a lot of people this may seem like more than enough, it however doesn't allow me to download even 1/3 of the stuff I need. I came across the option to...
  9. Expand Window ,. . .

Expand Window ,. . .: This would be so nice . . . I, have a Dell Laptop, running, Windows 10 Pro . . . When, I search for something, and find it. I have to click on expand, to get a full screen. Would their be any way, to have all windows open full screen automatically? Thru, the "Registry"....
  10. Screen Expanding

Screen Expanding: Hi i have a Asus X751N and the screen keeps expanding, can anyone tell me how i can fix it. I have looked in settings but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-expanding/cc176dc0-8f89-4ca5-81bb-7ac1939cec34