Windows 10: Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

Discus and support Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to recover my Desktop and downloaded the MediaCreationTool1809,exe from the MS Support pages.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TobiasGerken, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

I need to recover my Desktop and downloaded the MediaCreationTool1809,exe from the MS Support pages.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I run the tool with a freshly formatted 16GB USB drive and receive the following error:

"There was a problem running this tool ..." Error code 0x80042405 - 0xA001A.

I am not running any Antivirus beyond Windows Defender.

Any advice is appreciated.

:)

TobiasGerken, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Nik_2296 Win User
    Creating installation media using media creation tool

Is it necessary to run the media creation tool by right clicking and selecting run as administrator, before creating an installation media for windows 10? I did not select this option while creating the installation media. Can this result in any problems
    in performing refresh, reset, or reinstalling windows 10 in future?

Nik_2296, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

MEDIA CREATION TOOL

Hi Sammy,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

I suggest you to refer to this article and check the status.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

1. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media - Similar Threads - Issue Media Creation

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  4. Windows 10 media creation tool issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 media creation tool issues: I have a laptop with a 128gb SSD and a 1 terabyte standard hard drive. I'm trying to install Windows 10 home 64-bit using the Windows 10 media creation tool. I formatted my system Drive SSD and have made it active and selected it as the install location. Once I begin the...
  5. Creating a Media Creation tool 2004

Creating a Media Creation tool 2004: I have down loaded the program from your web site. I am installing the program on a 256 scan disk thumb drive. The drive is correctly formatted. I follow all instructions. The program fully loads on the drive. It then goes into a verifying of down load. At 59% I get an error...
  6. Media Creation Tool Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Creation Tool Issues: I've been trying to use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to download an os for my new PC but it seems to force close after I answer the question about language and version. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  7. Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium

Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium: <p>I find it unbelievable that this tool simply removes any already set up partition(s) from a USB Stick.</p><p>There is not even a warning that any information stored on the stick's partition(s) (even the ones not needed by the tool) will be lost after using the tool.<br...
  8. Media Creation Tool installation media query

Media Creation Tool installation media query: Hi all, When Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version, A few days after release I always go to the Microsoft website, download the ISO and create a bootable USB flash drive and store it safely in case I need it for a clean install in the future. I did that with version 1903...
  9. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  10. creating windows 10 media creation tool

creating windows 10 media creation tool: Hello I want to create a windows 10 media creation tool on to a USB flash drive. When I got my PC windows 10 was digitally installed and verified. However, I did get the windows 10 home installation DVD with my new PC but the new PC has no CD/DVD drive installed. I pretty...