Windows 10: Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files

Discus and support Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My issue is with one drive. I noticed the other day I deleted some old files on my one drive on my Android phone. When I fired up my PC. I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ern88, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ern88 Win User

Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files

My issue is with one drive. I noticed the other day I deleted some old files on my one drive on my Android phone. When I fired up my PC. I noticed that my recycle bin showed items in it. I opened it up and it was filling it up with one drive files. I emptied it about 4 times and will still filling up. The only way to stop it was to go into the bin properties and select permanently delete. After and hour I reset the bin back to default. My question is , is this normal. And if so, how can I stop one drive dumping files into the bin, when I delete anything on my phone app.

Thanks.;

:)

ern88, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 6, 2018
  3. little cat, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files

Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files

1. Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files - Similar Threads - Issue Microsoft drive

2. One Drive will Be Deleted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive will Be Deleted?: I have gotten an email a couple of times saying I am 11.2GB over my One Drive limit but when I look at my hard drive and I run the Properties, I find I have only 3.9GB on my 1 Drive. How can I be 11+GB over my limit or is this a scam? Thanks, LT...
  3. One Drive Deleting Files Not RestoringHo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Deleting Files Not RestoringHo: Good God Microsoft?! OneDrive is deleting most of my files and gives me no warning or indication. I have to discover they have been deleted. Then I go to the recycle bin, find them, select them and click "restore" and it tells me it is restoring, but progress is null....
  4. One Drive Deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Deletion: Can someone confirm or otherwise whether this email I received stating my one drive account will be deleted on 31.10.2018 is a scam or not. I continually use one drive so I found this rather strange Iit is not a scam how would I be able to reactivate it Thanks for the help...
  5. One Drive Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive Issue: Microsoft requires JavaScript to sign in. The Web browser either does not support JavaS or script are being blocked.. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/one-drive-issue/a36d3f6a-892e-46ab-85bc-b7b236f630f3
  6. One Drive issues

One Drive issues: One Drive syncing is stopping me from using things like outlook. Can I quit OneDrive then reinstate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/one-drive-issues/7b589ec8-f9d1-43d4-9edf-e44263e731b5
  7. one drive issues sharing filed

one drive issues sharing filed: My employer has shared files in one drive for my to update. I can see the folders on line in one drive, but when I go to save them, they are not accessible....
  8. One drive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive issue: hello! I got a brand new lenovo y50-70 one month ago and i did updated to windows 10 yesterday. Then i made a clean install and everything was kinda fine. I noticed that one drive app is always searching for new files changes, or any type of change on one drive folder....
  9. Wierd issue when deleting files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd issue when deleting files/folders: Hey I got a wierd issue when i try to delete anyfile, folder or program that is installed on my windows 10 pc. When i try to delete a text document from my desktop: 1: I mark the document i want to delete and press "DEL". This will make my pc freeze for about 2 seconds...
  10. One Drive Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Issue: Everytime I start my computer, One Drive opens a Login Window. Is there a way to stop this? 19132