Windows 10: Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders

Discus and support Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello dear community.Recently i've noticed a change which i kind of certain wasn't here before.The issue is with Microsoft Photos grey borders."It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sacred Wicked, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders

Hello dear community.Recently i've noticed a change which i kind of certain wasn't here before.The issue is with Microsoft Photos grey borders."It never gets to full-screen"Here is an example:Here is a photo which is 1920.1080 my current display resolutionsEven when i click on full-screen button which is in bottom and right corner of the app, still those grey border remain.Any ideas?P.S: I've tried left clicking, and selecting "view actual size". still no change.https://s4.uupload.ir/files/1_72qj.jpghttps://s4.uupload.ir/files/2_4ipd.jpgThanks in advance!

:)

Sacred Wicked, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Mingjai Win User

Grey Borders in Photos App

I've started having this exact same problem on my Surface Pro 3 when Windows updated my Photos app to version 2018.18031.15040.0. The grey borders occur on the left, right, and bottom of the image when the app is a window, in maximized mode, or in split-screen
    mode. It is only when the app is in full-screen mode that the border disappears.

Mingjai, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Grey Borders in Photos App

Is there any way to get rid of the grey borders in the photos app on Windows 10?

Example:

imgur.com

Normally the image is supposed to be able to reach the edges of the window, and if I zoom in it cuts off the sides of the image to make room for the border.

I already tried what was recommended in this post: New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

Morgan_132, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

You can use feedback to suggest changes, but I assure you that this is exactly what the Photos app is supposed to show photos as.

You can use a third party program like infranview:
    https://www.irfanview.com/

If you go through this thread, there are possible fixes:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

But in the end, the user remembered found that the gray border does not persist outside of photos. Open the photo in Paint and it will be the same size as it is in Photos, just without the border. The border is purely aesthetic and does not have any effect
    on the photo.

Another user found that the problem was not actually a problem but that they mis-remembered how it looked outside of fullscreen.

At this current moment, I do not believe there is a setting or fix for this other than changing photo apps or feedback hub.

Zackary Vanosdol, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders

1. Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders - Similar Threads - Issue Microsoft Photos

2. Photo App displaying grey border in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App displaying grey border in full screen mode: After the recent update, when I open a picture in Microsoft Photo App, there will be a grey border all around the photo even when I full screen the picture.This shrinks the picture size and made it hard to viewIn contrast to pre-update Microsoft Photo App which doesn't have...
  3. Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders IN FULLSCREEN

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders IN FULLSCREEN: The Photos App has started to display photos with a grey border around them WHEN IN FULLSCREEN MODE.How can I fix this? I have already tried Repair, Reset, Uninstall with Powershell and Reinstalling. Yet there are grey borders in fullscreen. Even when zooming in fullscreen....
  4. Photos with Grey X

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos with Grey X: Most photos in the windows file "Photos" have a large grey X and it says it can't open. It was working before I did the last update 4 days ago. I didn't download a photo app, I am using the default that came with Windows 10. I transfer the photos from my phone. Now I have...
  5. Issues with Microsoft Photos

Issues with Microsoft Photos: Hi I have a few issues with Microsoft Photos. 1) I regularly import photos from my phone to my laptop with the app (via USB), but the last few times I've tried this, the app has frozen in the stage of searching for photos (before actual importation). Therefore, I cannot...
  6. Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?: The other night everything way fine and I checked this morning and there are many photos and videos greyed out on the Microsoft photos app. Nothing is in the recycling bin and right-clicking the thumbnails does not give me many options. They wont open either, it just...
  7. Why did unwanted grey border line display in photo app in windows 10?

Why did unwanted grey border line display in photo app in windows 10?: As the title above, Whenever I open an image with white background by Photo App in Windows 10 and use mouse to zoom in or zoom out, The unwanted border line shows. This is the bug of Microsoft Windows 10? [ATTACH]...
  8. Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders: The Photos App has started to display photos with a grey border around them when not in full screen mode. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-displays-images-with-grey-borders/cebc355e-5c1b-4a0e-8828-f74df282903c
  9. Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app

Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app: Hey there. I have been browsing around a bit online and didn't see any real solutions to this When I am in the app viewing an image, is seems to be squished in more than normal, when usually the image would go to the sides of the window itself. [img] and when I attempt to...
  10. Photo editing - unwanted borders

Photo editing - unwanted borders: Trying to use the W10 Photos app but even using borderless option or full page option some borders still remain or appear when I go to the PRINT option. I would appreciate any help as a bit of a novice to say the least. I haven't found another suitable Photoprint app for...