Windows 10: Issue with ms-gaming overlay

Discus and support Issue with ms-gaming overlay in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue. Sometimes when I launch a game this happens with the three most recent games I am playing, a mount and blade, launched via steam... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JonYo1, Oct 4, 2020.

1. JonYo1 Win User

Issue with ms-gaming overlay

Hi,

I have an issue. Sometimes when I launch a game this happens with the three most recent games I am playing, a mount and blade, launched via steam + mount and blade launcher, b star citizien - that uses RSI launcher-, c fortnite launched via epic store.

The issue started some time ago, prior to this, this wasn´t happening.

The issue is this one and my question is how to fix it or how to disable ms-gaming overlay.

Issue with ms-gaming overlay [​IMG]

:)

JonYo1, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Issue with ms-gaming overlay

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Issue with ms-gaming overlay

1. Issue with ms-gaming overlay - Similar Threads - Issue gaming overlay

2. "can't open ms-gaming overlay link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "can't open ms-gaming overlay link": I keep getting an error message when starting some games: "can't open ms-gaming overlay link"None of the suggestions I found on google were helpful, like disabling the XBox gaming bar or the Steam's overlay.Nothing works....
  3. "can't open ms-gaming overlay link"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "can't open ms-gaming overlay link": I keep getting an error message when starting some games: "can't open ms-gaming overlay link"None of the suggestions I found on google were helpful, like disabling the XBox gaming bar or the Steam's overlay.Nothing works....
  4. MS Gaming Services issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Gaming Services issue: Hi am i am getting repeated gaming services issue on my 11 month old rig using windows 10. with latest updates Ryzen 9 3900, 16mb ram with a 2060 super GPU. with up to date drivers. since 20/02/2021 my system keeps crashing, not closing down or not loading up correctly....
  5. Having an issue with Windows Media overlay popup while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having an issue with Windows Media overlay popup while gaming: Okay, so I'm having an issue where anytime I'm playing a game and I go to change my system sounds and the Windows Media overlay pops up within the game; it causes my game to feel like it's running at 30fps.. This issue happens in every game I play, and the issue goes away...
  6. Game bar overlay only in games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar overlay only in games?: I really like the game bar overlay and want to use it instead of the NVIDIA one but I want it only in games. Is there any way to do that? submitted by /u/TheCatCubed [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzg7bs/game_bar_overlay_only_in_games/
  7. XBox Gaming Overlay Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Gaming Overlay Error: I keep getting the error below on my desktop PC. What is the the XBox Gaming Overlay app since I can't find an app by that name? [img] 145177
  8. XBox Gaming Overlay Error

XBox Gaming Overlay Error: I keep getting the error below on my desktop PC. What is the the XBox Gaming Overlay app since I can't find an app by that name? [img] 145177
  9. How do I get rid of MS gaming overlay pop up?

How do I get rid of MS gaming overlay pop up?: I don't know what this is, but this isn't even a game so **** off... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-do-i-get-rid-of-ms-gaming-overlay-pop-up/f572b5c0-f1dd-40f8-a16b-7bcbe62b4690
  10. Invasive Game Overlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invasive Game Overlay: With the recent anniversary patch the XBox Game Overlay pops up now whenever I play some games that have nothing to do with Microsoft. I find this kind of thing extremely annoying, I didn't ask for this and don't want this overlay running on my PC. From what I can see,...