Windows 10: Issue with multiple printers installing from group policy.

Discus and support Issue with multiple printers installing from group policy. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We recently implemented a print server and have been deploying printers via group policy. We are running into an issue of it installing multiple copies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pitman Anthony, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Issue with multiple printers installing from group policy.

We recently implemented a print server and have been deploying printers via group policy. We are running into an issue of it installing multiple copies of the same printer per user who logs into the PC. We have noticed this is only happening with certain models of Xerox printers VersaLink B7035 and AltaLink 8045/55 so we updated the drivers to the latest global print driver but this still is happening, so I don't think it is a driver issue.

:)

Pitman Anthony, Jul 27, 2021

2. Setup blocked by group policy

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties in printing from your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC and printer?
    • Is the PC connected to a domain/organization network?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only while adding or using the printer?
    • How is the printer connected? (Wireless/Wired)

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, the check the Group Policy.

1. Press Windows + R key to open Run command.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and hit the
      Enter key.
    3. Navigate to this location:
      Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.

4. Now look for
      Devices: Prevent users from installing printer drivers on the right pane.
    5. Double click and set the policy value to
      Disabled, click OK.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Castelon Win User
    Group Policy and the Default Printer

I work at a library and we have computers for our patrons. I have manually installed 2 local printers, "a" and "b", on these public computers. They both use LPT1 as their port and they are not shared.

I have created entries in Group Policy to delete unneeded printers, such as "Fax" and "Microsoft Print to PDF", on the public computers. I created these entries in Computer Configuration-Preferences-Control Panel Settings-Printers and these entries have
    deleted the unneeded printers.

I simply want to use Group Policy to designate printer "a" as the default printer. I suppose that I should create an entry for "a" in User Configuration-Preferences-Control Panel Settings-Printers and use the "Update" action but I want to be sure.

How do I use Group Policy to designate a default printer?

Castelon, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Issue with multiple printers installing from group policy.

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Issue with multiple printers installing from group policy.

1. Issue with multiple printers installing from group policy. - Similar Threads - Issue multiple printers

2. Printers will not deploy to domain computers via group policy; printers can be installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers will not deploy to domain computers via group policy; printers can be installed...: So here's where we are. We have been running a virtual print server on Server 2012 R2 for years now - it predates my employment here, so I don't know exactly how long. But it's been a while. Recently we tried to run an in-place upgrade on the existing server to get it on...
  3. Printers will not deploy to domain computers via group policy; printers can be installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers will not deploy to domain computers via group policy; printers can be installed...: So here's where we are. We have been running a virtual print server on Server 2012 R2 for years now - it predates my employment here, so I don't know exactly how long. But it's been a while. Recently we tried to run an in-place upgrade on the existing server to get it on...
  4. Printers will not deploy to domain computers via group policy; printers can be installed...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Group Policy for printer preferences

Group Policy for printer preferences: Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this so please move it if not. The tech side of my work have sent nearly 100 laptops out on site, all running Windows 10. Admin account for us and a Kiosk account for the end users. Occasionally when the printers on site get...
  6. Installation is blocked by group policy

Installation is blocked by group policy: Hello everyone! I've plugged in a Keyboard to my computer and found out that it wasn't working properly, none of the keys were reacting when I pressed them. When I went to Settings - Devices, I've found out that under the keyboard there was a message saying "Installation is...
  7. Installation is blocked by Group Policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installation is blocked by Group Policy: Recently I buyed new keyboard, but when I connect it to my PC, it doesn´t respond. I looked to settings>devices, where it writes: Installation is blocked by Group Policy....
  8. Group Policy and the Default Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy and the Default Printer: I work at a library and we have computers for our patrons. I have manually installed 2 local printers, "a" and "b", on these public computers. They both use LPT1 as their port and they are not shared. I have created entries in Group Policy to delete unneeded printers, such...
  9. Windows Group Policy Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Group Policy Issues: Hello, it appears I have some Group Policy issues with my Windows installation. Just to clarify, I'm referring to the "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization." alert. I've just discovered them recently, here are some screenshots to demonstrate:...
  10. Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?: Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me out. I am having a problem with Local Group Policy. I have been experimenting with this just for learning purposes and I am stumped by something. One of the first things I tried doing was removing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xerox duplicate printer installing group policy