Windows 10: Issue with Network drive

Discus and support Issue with Network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. We are having issues with one of our network drives. This drive is mapped manually. Basically, what is happening is we have folder "A" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jesse Stark_OE, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Issue with Network drive

Hello.

We are having issues with one of our network drives. This drive is mapped manually. Basically, what is happening is we have folder "A" and folder "B" in the network drive. Each of these folders have their own info that will relate to the same customer so what we do is put a shortcut in the "A" folder that brings you to the specific folder in the "B" folder. Periodically, when we try to access one of those shortcuts we will get a message that says "Problem with shortcut" "This shortcut has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you wish to delete it?" Nothing has been changed or moved. When this message comes up, it duplicates the network drive to another letter. If we delete the shortcut and make it again it will work until it decides not to again. Issue with Network drive b20f5e4b-92b4-49f5-b7dc-5274f84c1e65?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jesse Stark_OE, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Issue with Network drive [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Nov 20, 2020
  3. little cat, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Issue with Network drive

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Issue with Network drive

1. Issue with Network drive - Similar Threads - Issue Network drive

2. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  3. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  4. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Drive Permissions Issues: Here we go...I had a computer that I had gotten used, wiped and reimaged with fresh windows 10. I set up the computer to work as a network drive, shared it with everyone. All the computer connected to it work with no issues.Fast forward, drive failed after attempting to clone...
  5. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drive Permissions Issues: Here we go...I had a computer that I had gotten used, wiped and reimaged with fresh windows 10. I set up the computer to work as a network drive, shared it with everyone. All the computer connected to it work with no issues.Fast forward, drive failed after attempting to clone...
  6. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Network drive sharing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network drive sharing issues: Encountering "The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different username and password" when trying to access my HTPC's shared HDD. However, I can connect to its shared SSD with a few minor issues (unable to access Program Files and similar). Both drives have...
  8. Map Network Drive issue

Map Network Drive issue: I have three NAS units attached to my LAN. Their names differ only in the first letter. I Map network drives for example NET USE A: \\Aserver\x /Persistent:Yes NET USE B: \\Bserver\x /Persistent:Yes or by the Map Network Drive in the GUI This is all OK. However, when...
  9. Mapping Network Drive Issues

Mapping Network Drive Issues: We have a external hard drive attached to our router that is accessible to our small business on our network. We have 3 other computers (2 Windows and 1 Mac) that are accessing it now. But we got 2 new computers that were just added to the network and I can not find the drive...
  10. Directory Listing Issue on Network Drive

Directory Listing Issue on Network Drive: I have a user who suddenly can not see the contents of a shared network drive, just a single folder, all the other folders on the same server are fine. I have run 2 full AV scans (Avast / Sophos) to rule out malware The user can log into another machine and can see...