Windows 10: Issue with new update

Discus and support Issue with new update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a windows update and now every 20-30 seconds my computer will have a blip and freeze for like a half a second, it can be annoying because when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/marektypes, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Issue with new update

I did a windows update and now every 20-30 seconds my computer will have a blip and freeze for like a half a second, it can be annoying because when it comes back, whatever button I pressed when it happened will continue to be held down unless I press it again. How can I fix this? I have 16gbs of ram, gtx 1080, shouldn't be having this issue

submitted by /u/marektypes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/marektypes, Apr 18, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 18, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Issue with new update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Issue with new update

1. Issue with new update - Similar Threads - Issue update

2. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  3. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  4. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  5. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  6. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update issue: Hello,From the past few months i have been trying to update my windows 10......i have been getting the same error "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  8. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update issue: Hello,From the past few months i have been trying to update my windows 10......i have been getting the same error "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  9. Windows 10 update issue

10. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...