Windows 10: Issue with old email address stopping my from downloading apps

Discus and support Issue with old email address stopping my from downloading apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; so I used to use to ahve an old @talktalk.net email address and change this to a @gamil.com address, I'm signed into to Microsoft with my @gmail.com,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PeteSimpson3, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Issue with old email address stopping my from downloading apps

so I used to use to ahve an old @talktalk.net email address and change this to a @gamil.com address, I'm signed into to Microsoft with my @gmail.com, and have been y=using this fir a few years, but recently y PC had said its had an issue with my account and I have 2 issues, in outlook it shows account error and states their is problems with my account sign in to fix them, when I click the button to sign in a Microsoft sign in box opens but its locked to my @talktalk.net emails address and only will let me put a password in and not the ability to change the email address to the correct one. also have the same issue with the MS store, open this and shows I'm logged in with my @gmail.com account go to download an app and again same popup with a locked in @talktalk.net emails address and only option to type in a password....on both I do have an option to reset the password but when I click on this I get a message saying their is no @talktalk.net Microsoft account.....just cant seem to get out of this locked in email address which had no Microsoft account ?

:)

PeteSimpson3, Mar 11, 2020
  2. BonnieBI Win User

Windows 10 Store Application -- old email address

Hi there,

I have already tried a lot of suggestions on this to no avail -- please help.

When I am trying to download a game from the store app a pop up asking me to verify my password for an old email address keeps coming up. This email address is not listed in my user account -- it was deleted three months ago. I have tried entering the
    password for the old email address but it won't accept it and another message comes up saying there is a problem at their end and to try again later.

BonnieBI, Mar 11, 2020
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Issue with old email address stopping my from downloading apps

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Issue with old email address stopping my from downloading apps

1. Issue with old email address stopping my from downloading apps - Similar Threads - Issue old email

2. My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...: my old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** can you merge them? * Moved from Community Center...
  3. My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...: my old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** can you merge them? * Moved from Community Center...
  4. old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    old email address: I changed my email address yet I am still getting notifications re my old email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/5a42b875-7232-4e29-94d6-918dbba48fbd
  5. old email address

old email address: Hello everyone, I struggle with technology. I'm wanting to remove an old email address. The old address was with our previous internet provider; after upgrading, I went with a gmail account. I can login into Microsoft, I just want the old address removed. How can I delete my...
  6. old email addresses

old email addresses: How do I delete old email addresses from the to drop down window? when I try to send an email. When I start typing an address old email addresses appear as choices and if wrongly chosen results in email not delivered to the proper person. My research showed this issue has...
  7. Deleting old email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting old email addresses: How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-email-addresses/e544e3c5-75cc-4ac6-af24-ca916321391b
  8. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: HOW DO I REMOVE AN OLD MS ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/69eb0a04-068a-4860-9b19-15a543b34e5d
  9. Stop receiving emails to old email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Stop receiving emails to old email address: Hi! I created a microsoft account with a gmail address some years ago. Then i added an outlook mail and put it as the determinated one. i deleted the gmail address from my account. Everything seems to be ok, but i'm still receiving the microsoft notifications (from the...
  10. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: how do I remove a old Email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/e564943d-d4c6-4546-8301-394d1fe4d081