Windows 10: Issue with oplocks on a file server

Discus and support Issue with oplocks on a file server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When accessing files from a 2016 file server from a windows 10 system i run into an issue where oplocks create approximately a 19second delay causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blitz03091, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Issue with oplocks on a file server

When accessing files from a 2016 file server from a windows 10 system i run into an issue where oplocks create approximately a 19second delay causing the file system to freeze.

The odd thing is that it is a read only share. If i run a procmon i can see the oplock break request on the file. I've attempted to disable leasing on both sides, set the smbserver configuration to disable oplocks and leasing however the behavior persists. I've set all timeout as low as possible, but they still have no effect. Has anyone else seen this behavior or have a suggestion on how to get around it?

:)

Blitz03091, Apr 29, 2019
  2. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

3. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Issue with oplocks on a file server

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Issue with oplocks on a file server

1. Issue with oplocks on a file server - Similar Threads - Issue oplocks file

2. SCCM Server Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM Server Issue: I have deploy Windows update through SCCM and the server could not communicate to download the software from SCCM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sccm-server-issue/78892d61-7cfd-4b8e-8a45-478c71b2c809
  3. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  4. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  5. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Issue with server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with server 2019: Hello all. I am having an issue with my server Win Server 2019, and I am not sure what it not configured right. I have a website setup on the server, it is an asp,net MVC site. When I browse to the site I get a server error. `Description: An exception occurred while...
  7. SMTP server issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMTP server issues: I recently rebooted my DVR at home as it was having some technical issues, however now that I have done that it wont let me sign back in for the email alerts for the motion detectors, it will constantly say I have the username and password wrong however I know they are...
  8. Server/Network Temp file issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server/Network Temp file issues: Our company is having server issues. I am needing to know what security changes or system service options could be changed for this to stop happening. We have had multiple issues trying to connect computers to the sever and during the process to get computers connected I...
  9. server issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    server issues: I can log into everyting on my tablet, but on the laptop, ie, facebook, ebay….it is saying that I have a server issue, with a big red triangle/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-issues/823b0bbb-c53d-408a-ac11-e59dae529ef3
  10. Server issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server issues: I can't connect to server. Server is down. I have made no changes to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/server-issues/32da98c4-3c1e-43a2-a772-f8c8e823fcb0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fileserver oplocks

2. oplocks fileserver