Windows 10: Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

Discus and support Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, and first of all thanks for any suggestion you'll be able to give me (and sorry for my bad english too!). It's about a week that my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Palamorn, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Palamorn Win User

Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

Hello everyone, and first of all thanks for any suggestion you'll be able to give me (and sorry for my bad english too!).

It's about a week that my pc suddenly became slower: internet, mail, games, but also excell or world, no matter the progs i try to use, it takes ages to start running them (i.e.: 3 minutes ad 25 sec since the click to open this forum from my favourites).
    It seems that it starts to run, then freezes, then run some more, then slow down again, etc.
    When i say "run some more" I mean that it run for some time, maybe few secs, but it happens also that it runs for a couple of hours, usually after at least 30/45 minutes of this hiccups game!
    I can phisically hear my pc runnin, then slowing down and silencing, then running again.
    For istance, i run my antivirus and it reads 20 files, then stop for minutes, then read other 80 files then freezes again and so on

I thought it was a virus, but my antivirus are not able to find anything. I have:
    1) Trend micro internet security full version, not the free one and
    2) Malwarebytes premium version.
    Both are full updated but they don't find anything.
    I tried also:
    3) Trend House call: nothing found.

Then I thought it's something else, so I tried with
    4) chkdsk: nothing found.
    5) Auslogic disk defrag: defragmented some, but everything it's ok.
    6) I tried the stress test with Prime 95 and it run for 2 hours with nothing found.

Can anyone suggest me something else to try?

I added all I knows of my system specs, and my Windows version number is:
    Windows 10 ver 1903 (build SO 18362.900)

:)

Palamorn, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

3. Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications?

• Does your PC hangs?
    I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
    Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press
    Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them.

If the issue still persists, I suggest to restore the power plans to default.

To do so:

• Open Power options
      and go to advanced power settings.

• Select
      restore power plans defaults
      and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

1. Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing - Similar Threads - Issue slowing down

2. PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.: Hello, my PC has gotten the BSOD a lot recently when I was doing simple tasks. I tried looking at my Event Viewer but I have zero idea how to use it. Someone please help me in anyway you can. I need this PC to work because I do School and my everyday tasks on it. Someone...
  3. PC SLOW DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC SLOW DOWN: Hi ,I am currently having 64bit window 10 but it hangs too much sometimes it works fast but mostly it hangs will 32bit window be better opinion in my sight of view 32bit window 10 require less RAM and will work more faster in pc below are device specification can you please...
  4. PC SLOW DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC SLOW DOWN: Hi ,I am currently having 64bit window 10 but it hangs too much sometimes it works fast but mostly it hangs will 32bit window be better opinion in my sight of view 32bit window 10 require less RAM and will work more faster in pc below are device specification can you please...
  5. PC SLOW DOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Slow pc and freezes

Slow pc and freezes: So,my pc started to get constant freezes and lags recently and i tried fixing the problem by enabling high performance mode,still this does not seems to solve the problem. Here's a detail lists of the problems: 1.Opening apps like atom editor,Hyper terminal takes 30 plus...
  7. PC slows down

PC slows down: My Lenovo Windows 10 laptop bought in 2016 is very slow, ittakes a lot of time to load or open any folder and I am not able to know its cause. I have tried deleting temporary files in temp and %temp% folders but after some time, it again starts slowing down. It is free of...
  8. Slow down of PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow down of PC: After upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I observed that when I open any word file Microsoft word 2010 by PC become slow. For few particular word files my PC become terribly slow and it does not function properly. What is the reason for this and is there any solution?...
  9. Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing: Hello everyone, and first of all thanks for any suggestion you'll be able to give me (and sorry for my bad english too!). It's about a week that my pc suddenly became slower: internet, mail, games, but also excell or world, no matter the progs i try to use, it takes ages to...
  10. pc slowing down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc slowing down: Hello I have problem with my laptop.I bought my laptop about a month ago and it was very fast but after this one month it started to slow down and it gets slower and slower and i dont know whats happening ..... My laptop is supposed to be fast but something happened and now...