Windows 10: Issue with Photo app when creating folder

Discus and support Issue with Photo app when creating folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone responded to the problem with the new edition of Photos in that is no longer makes a daily folder for saving photos when importing ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dy Fogg, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Dy Fogg Win User

Issue with Photo app when creating folder

Has anyone responded to the problem with the new edition of Photos in that is no longer makes a daily folder for saving photos when importing ?

[Original Title: Photo]

:)

Dy Fogg, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 11, 2021
  3. SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove and re-add the photos folder from Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Photos App.

• Click on Settings.

• Under Sources click on the X mark next to the folder location listed to delete the location from Photos App.

• Once done try to re-add the folder by clicking on Add a Folder.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Issue with Photo app when creating folder

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Issue with Photo app when creating folder

1. Issue with Photo app when creating folder - Similar Threads - Issue Photo app

2. Problems creating folders and similar issues in apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems creating folders and similar issues in apps.: Hi, I am using Windows 11 and I got some issues recently. They could be related.Problem one : If I create a folder in file explorer it takes sometimes 20-30 seconds to be actually created.Problem two : For my job I am using some apps to program home automation systems, and I...
  3. Problems creating folders and similar issues in apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems creating folders and similar issues in apps.: Hi, I am using Windows 11 and I got some issues recently. They could be related.Problem one : If I create a folder in file explorer it takes sometimes 20-30 seconds to be actually created.Problem two : For my job I am using some apps to program home automation systems, and I...
  4. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  5. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  6. Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder: Hi,When I create a new project on "Video Editor" tab of the Photos app and add some videos to the project, a random "Video Projects" folder appears in one of my video folders. The new folder contains the video I've just added to the project. This seems to happen only when I...
  7. Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder

Photos app creates "Video Projects" folder in a random folder: Hi,When I create a new project on "Video Editor" tab of the Photos app and add some videos to the project, a random "Video Projects" folder appears in one of my video folders. The new folder contains the video I've just added to the project. This seems to happen only when I...
  8. Photos app won't auto create a folder when importing

Photos app won't auto create a folder when importing: Microsoft needs to fix this and return the feature to create date folders as an option, it doesn't make sense to take this away from customers in a windows 10 upgrade very frustrating...
  9. automatically create folder 'year - month' when importing photos & videos in photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatically create folder 'year - month' when importing photos & videos in photo app: my system used to do this but doesn't now for some reason; the photo app just imports all files to pictures\. I can't find the setting to create a subfolder on import. Can anyone help?...
  10. Photos app won't auto create a folder when importing

Photos app won't auto create a folder when importing: I work as a photographer and up until now, when I would import my photos into the photo app, it would automatically create a folder titled with the date and place all the photos from that day in that file. Now, all of the sudden, it's not doing that and it's kind of ruining...