Windows 10: Issue with Photo Folders

Discus and support Issue with Photo Folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I get rid of sub folders in my Pictures Files?? Example: October 2018 Instead of October 2018, 10-02-18, 10-06-18, 10-20-18, etc [Original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BLHerm, Aug 24, 2019.

1. BLHerm Win User

Issue with Photo Folders

How can I get rid of sub folders in my Pictures Files?? Example: October 2018 Instead of October 2018, 10-02-18, 10-06-18, 10-20-18, etc

[Original Title: Photos]

:)

BLHerm, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 24, 2019
  3. SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove and re-add the photos folder from Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Photos App.

• Click on Settings.

• Under Sources click on the X mark next to the folder location listed to delete the location from Photos App.

• Once done try to re-add the folder by clicking on Add a Folder.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Issue with Photo Folders

Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Issue with Photo Folders

1. Issue with Photo Folders - Similar Threads - Issue Photo Folders

2. Finding photos in Photo Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding photos in Photo Folder: I am attempting to view some old photos on my laptop. When I click on a file folder, I get the message the folder is empty? I am able to view current photos that I have recently downloaded from my android phone, but not older photos that were downloaded in 1917-1919; they...
  3. Photo Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Issue: All my photos are in iCloud. Want to copy them or download to my photos location or photo gallery so I then am able to organize and clean out unwanted ones etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-issue/f53d30d5-9c15-4efa-aec4-2d72918d681c
  4. Issue with Photo app when creating folder

Issue with Photo app when creating folder: Has anyone responded to the problem with the new edition of Photos in that is no longer makes a daily folder for saving photos when importing ? [Original Title: Photo]...
  5. Photos in Folders

Photos in Folders: I had a photo that I copied into a StickyNote. Somehow I clicked on that note and it expanded to my entire monitor screen. I couldn't get it to go back to being small, so I deleted it, Now, ALL the pictures/photos that I have in my folders are showing with a Windows...
  6. Photos folder

Photos folder: After the latest Microsoft installation, my photos folder no longer shows when I try to attach to my email. How can I correct this? Photos folder does even show as an option folder....
  7. Photos Folders

Photos Folders: Why do my uploaded folders contain no content https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-folders/28d2884b-6495-4761-91e3-22d29174e6eb
  8. Photos and folders

Photos and folders: I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my pc. But when I try to open any folder it shows "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" and when I try to open any photos it shows "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try...
  9. Photo Issue

Photo Issue: In file explorer I have both photos and photo gallery entries. what is the difference and how do i move a folder from one to the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-issue/205fdc44-bcd8-4459-ad9c-70adbaca8e55
  10. Photos Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos Folder: Have a big problem in finding photos I want to upload to site. Now using Windows Photos and also Google photos. Just need photos when loaded from CD card to wind up in single photos, so I easily can find in one folder in Library. Thanks ahead of time. 77985