Windows 10: Issue with PIN Policy

Discus and support Issue with PIN Policy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had an issue where I added a new Microsoft account that has corporate/domain policies to my personal computer. When setting up Teams I mistakenly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMWORD, Oct 1, 2020.

1. AMWORD Win User

Issue with PIN Policy

I had an issue where I added a new Microsoft account that has corporate/domain policies to my personal computer. When setting up Teams I mistakenly agreed to let the domain policies apply to my computer. Immediately settings changed and one of the things that happened was I had to change my pin due to the policy change. I have since removed my device from the domain and confirmed with the domain admin that my device is not registered but I cannot change my PIN settings. When I go to look at the policies I see this:

Issue with PIN Policy 56a1cce2-f79c-4e2c-bbc2-1465c2ebf014?upload=true.png

But when I go to change to my PIN back to what it was originally I get this:

Issue with PIN Policy 4ee79238-1371-4752-beed-a583f64fae1a?upload=true.png

I don't understand why this would be and can only assume that there are still some domain policies applying. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

:)

AMWORD, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 1, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Issue with PIN Policy

Pinning .msc Items to "Start".

Actually, step 2 is unnecessary (unless you really want to add it to your All app list too) . You can create a shortcut on the desktop, right-click on it and pin it to Start from there. When done you can delete the desktop shortcut without affecting the pinned tile on Start.

Bree, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Issue with PIN Policy

1. Issue with PIN Policy - Similar Threads - Issue PIN Policy

2. Domain policies resets my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain policies resets my PIN: I have fresh installed PC connected to domain. In domain all Hello features seems to be enabled and functional tested on other PCs. On my PC, I can setup PIN and it works fine. But after 1-2 hours it resets and is gone. It seems that every global policy sync disables this....
  3. Domain policies resets my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain policies resets my PIN: I have fresh installed PC connected to domain. In domain all Hello features seems to be enabled and functional tested on other PCs. On my PC, I can setup PIN and it works fine. But after 1-2 hours it resets and is gone. It seems that every global policy sync disables this....
  4. Microsoft Edge Policy issue?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Policy issue?: How do I get rid of the message 'Your browser is managed by your organisation' at the top of the settings screen? I'm a home user I'm on Version 83.0.478.44 157688
  5. Microsoft Edge Policy issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Policy issue?: How do I get rid of the message 'Your browser is managed by your organisation' at the top of the settings screen? I'm a home user I'm on Version 83.0.478.44 157688
  6. PIN Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN Issue: Hi, I wanted to change my current PIN. However, I couldn't find the option to. [ATTACH] This is what I see. As you can see, there are no PIN option and windows hello PIN is not available. [ATTACH] I know my PIN but I want to change it. My laptop is a Huawei D15....
  7. pin issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin issue: pin sign in went missing after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-issue/b7d97ec7-e0f4-40d2-b1c2-d333c4e2d802
  8. tpm key with pin group policy settings

tpm key with pin group policy settings: hi i selected option in the group policy for tpm key and pin by mistake. and it locked out my computer and now i cant boot it, it says bootlocker recovery but the gives me an error. pls help...
  9. Windows Group Policy Issues

Windows Group Policy Issues: Hello, it appears I have some Group Policy issues with my Windows installation. Just to clarify, I'm referring to the "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization." alert. I've just discovered them recently, here are some screenshots to demonstrate:...
  10. Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?: Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me out. I am having a problem with Local Group Policy. I have been experimenting with this just for learning purposes and I am stumped by something. One of the first things I tried doing was removing...