Windows 10: Issue with programs opening while laptop closed.

Discus and support Issue with programs opening while laptop closed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I’m not sure if this is the place for this, but I figured I’d give it a shot. My girlfriend will open her laptop after closing the lid, but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BoognishasRisen47, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Issue with programs opening while laptop closed.

Hello, I’m not sure if this is the place for this, but I figured I’d give it a shot.

My girlfriend will open her laptop after closing the lid, but not turning it off, and she’ll find random programs open. Sometimes it’s a new chrome open to a random site, or a word document she hasn’t worked on in months. So it’s not just like a program starting up, it’s opening specific documents. She even says she’s found a new word document open with random letters typed down. This never occurs when booting the computer, only when opening the lid from what I guess is some sort of sleep mode?

Idk if this is a known windows10 issue, or something more nefarious like a virus. Looking for any advice possible. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/BoognishasRisen47
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BoognishasRisen47, Feb 13, 2020

2. Laptop will not close down

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. What troubleshooting steps have you perform to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur when you open any program or pertains to a specific program?

I would suggest that you perform the methods mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Method 1: Power troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
      • Click on “View All” left panel.
      • Click Power, new window will popup the follow the on screen instruction.
    Method 2: Safe Mode.

Log into safe mode open the programs, try to shut down your system and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.
    • Restart Computer
    Note: Follow the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 13, 2020
  3. bikeit Win User
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain open.

bikeit, Feb 13, 2020
  4. ccxmuk Win User

Issue with programs opening while laptop closed.

Programs Closing

I have a similar issue, but it seems to be all programs. I have not found one yet that stays open. Closure seems to be random in terms of activity; I tried disabling the trackpad and it might have helped a bit but still happening. Ran Panda antivirus and Malwarebytes as suggested by Michaelvas17, nothing found. Also tried running all programs full screen, that didnt help either.
    This Dell laptop model is apparently borderline for Win10 - initially I could not run anything, turned out it was forcing an alternate display (which I didnt have attached, but adding one gave me access to fix!).
    While typing this, I am seeing a different but probably related behaviour. Firefox is not closing, but I keep hearing a ping and characters no longer register until I reset the carret to this text box.

ccxmuk, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Issue with programs opening while laptop closed.

1. Issue with programs opening while laptop closed. - Similar Threads - Issue programs opening

2. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  3. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  4. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  5. Windows 10 closes all open programs/apps while laptop is sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closes all open programs/apps while laptop is sleeping: I have a HP Omen laptop with Windows 10 64-bit installed. Each time I open my laptop over the last few days, I find that all of my open programs e.g., Chrome, Excel, Notepad, Windows Mail, Explorer, Media Player have closed. I checked C:\Windows\Minidump for a dump file and...
  6. Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid: What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the time of closure, etc. even if all I've done is go from one room to the next. I've checked the power & sleep settings ... this...
  7. program closing while using

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program closing while using: A program closes when I open parts of it to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-closing-while-using/47173f37-ea99-4eef-ab1d-472c088766d4
  8. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  9. Comptuer Closing open programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Comptuer Closing open programs: My windows 10 computer is constantly closing my open programs without warning. I could be in the middle of typing something and the program just randomly closes. It usually closes them when the programs get anywhere close to slow. This problem also happened on my laptop that...
  10. Defender closes open programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender closes open programs: Running windows defender when leaving computer. When return the next day, chrome and outlook have been closed, and computer is back to login screen. Because not looking at computer untill following day, not sure if it is closing the programs at beginning, middle, or end...