Windows 10: Issue with proxy and VSPN when trying to watch BBC iplayer, netflix and itv on my laptop

Discus and support Issue with proxy and VSPN when trying to watch BBC iplayer, netflix and itv on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was watching a programme in bbc i player. About 2 minutes into the programme it stopped playing and a message popped up saying 'oops somethings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 97lot, Oct 17, 2018.

1. 97lot Win User

Issue with proxy and VSPN when trying to watch BBC iplayer, netflix and itv on my laptop

So I was watching a programme in bbc i player. About 2 minutes into the programme it stopped playing and a message popped up saying 'oops somethings gone wrong', when I refreshed the page it said that I can't view its content because i'm not in the UK (but I am in the UK …) I also tried Netflix, and that came up with a message saying you seem to be using a proxy or an unblocker. I have gone through all my settings and they say that my proxy and vspn is off so I don't know why it suddenly won't allow me to stream online? I have tried using chrome, edge and firefox and the same issue - however they work on my phone so it must be a setting on my laptop.

:)

97lot, Oct 17, 2018

2. Unable to connect to BBC iPlayer

*Original Title: Connecting to BBC iplayer

I cannot connect to BBC iplayer even though I have an UK ip address. Did not have the issue with windows 7, but now I have installed Windows 10, BBC tells me I am not in UK. I can connect to ITV iplayer with no problems. Had to downgrade back to Windows

Any suggestions, Microsoft could not help.

JohnBarnes9999, Oct 17, 2018
  3. shaunyE72 Win User
    E72 iplayer

Hi all, i want to watch bbc iplayer and channel 4 and itv iplayers, but wen i go to start it asks for flashplayer up dated. The link then ask for op on my phone ie windows etc. Is there a flashplayer to download that will allow me to watch iplayer. Thank
    you

shaunyE72, Oct 17, 2018
  4. PDES Win User

Issue with proxy and VSPN when trying to watch BBC iplayer, netflix and itv on my laptop

Can't download BBC iplayer, ITV hub etc

I am I the process of setting up my Surface Pro 4. I have followed the links to the apps for BBC iplayer and ITV hub but when pressing the "get app" button, nothing happens. Its the same in the three
    browsers I have tried. Can someone please let me know why I cannot download these apps? I have also not been able to find these apps in the Microsoft app store. Do they actually exist?

Thanks

Thema:

1. Issue with proxy and VSPN when trying to watch BBC iplayer, netflix and itv on my laptop - Similar Threads - Issue proxy VSPN

2. Windows 10, BBC Iplayer thinks I am outside the UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, BBC Iplayer thinks I am outside the UK: After buying a new Windows 10 laptop, I can not access BBC Iplayer as it thinks I am outside the UK. - My IP adress is in the UK and other devices on our broadband does not have this problem - I have allowed apps to access my location - My default location is London, UK -...
  3. BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7: Hi all Im having trouble downloading BBC iPlayer onto my Surface pro 10. Can anyone help me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer-app-on-surface-pro-7/ddbce0c1-f447-4885-97b3-267509303e9f
  4. BBC iPlayer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer: Why is the BBC iPlayer no longer available on the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer/c1a63175-7012-48f9-9665-a2d50bd9bc2f
  5. Watching ITV & My5 on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Watching ITV & My5 on computer: I use my computer to watch tv via hdmi cable to tv. Everything was fine but now I cant get onto either sites - keeps telling me to enable protected content in chrome etc which I have followed the steps and it still doesnt work The only thing that changed is it updated to...
  6. Can’t stream any websites Netflix, itv etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t stream any websites Netflix, itv etc: My laptop will not let me play any streaming websites such as netflix, itv player, all 4, disney plus. These websites all work on other devices connected to the same internet so something must be blocking these sits working. Any suggestions how to make them work?...
  7. error when i try to watch netflix - H7361-1254-80072EE7

in Windows 10 Customization
    error when i try to watch netflix - H7361-1254-80072EE7: hi, i did a windows 10 update and after the update i get this error when i log in to watch netflix H7361-1254-80072EE7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-i-try-to-watch-netflix-h7361-1254/6f283efa-1f51-43f4-abab-47ebaf0940f7
  8. bbc iPlayer downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bbc iPlayer downloads: hi i have a Lenovo ideapad 110 running windows 10 3 months ago I downloaded the BBC iPlayer download and it worked perfectly 3 weeks ago it stopped working when you download it says download failed and the program that are there will not play I have uninstalled it and cleared...
  9. Windows 10 opens multiple tabs when downloading BBC iPlayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 opens multiple tabs when downloading BBC iPlayer: I've have downloaded the BBC iPlayer app, but when I try to download a TV programme, I just get lots and lots of new tabs opening and I have to shut down my computer to close them. I have 100s of tabs within less than a minute. Please help me in very, very easy steps as I am...
  10. BBC iPlayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BBC iPlayer: iPlayer required me to sign in having replaced my old comp. No problem as I live in UK. However, I am now only allowed to stream as usual but not download to the computer. I received notification that I had to obtain an app through Windows Store! There are none there....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to watch iplayer on my laptop