Windows 10: Issue with Reboot After Update

Discus and support Issue with Reboot After Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I seem to have an issue with my system rebooting after Windows updates. Downloads and installs updates fine but manual or automatic reboot to finish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tkwestlie, May 16, 2021.

1. tkwestlie Win User

Issue with Reboot After Update

I seem to have an issue with my system rebooting after Windows updates. Downloads and installs updates fine but manual or automatic reboot to finish the installation results in a hang after post I think. Shutting down the computer via power switch and restarting brings it back with a short delay, updates finish installing, and system start proceeds normally. This morning the error message in event viewer was "The Power service hung on starting."

:)

tkwestlie, May 16, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 16, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 16, 2021
  4. Issue with Reboot After Update

Update/Reboot issue on Win10

Hi Lamp,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

I suggest you to try performing Start up repair and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Issue with Reboot After Update

1. Issue with Reboot After Update - Similar Threads - Issue Reboot Update

2. Weird issue after reboot , is it Windows ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird issue after reboot , is it Windows ??: Ok , I was going to add some ram to my gaming PC , it is a couple years old , Cyberpower GLC5000GPC , I have had it about a year , as I bought it from a friend that bought it new , it had a issue about a month ago , where it suddenly after a reboot , lost a drive I have the...
  3. Weird issue after reboot , is it Windows ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird issue after reboot , is it Windows ??: Ok , I was going to add some ram to my gaming PC , it is a couple years old , Cyberpower GLC5000GPC , I have had it about a year , as I bought it from a friend that bought it new , it had a issue about a month ago , where it suddenly after a reboot , lost a drive I have the...
  4. Weird issue after reboot , is it Windows ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Rebooting After Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rebooting After Updates: Hi since this update KB5004296 was installed my PC yesterday, it reboots on its own. After this update was installed today KB5004331, it rebooted on it's own. Anybody else experienced this problem, is it a problem? 183372
  6. Issue with Win10 random reboots after recent Update & Battle.net

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Win10 random reboots after recent Update & Battle.net: Hello - I've read quite a few posts regarding the new: "2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003214" - I kept getting an error code when trying to install it, as of thursday this past week, forgot what the errorcode was. I was...
  7. Update issue, gets stuck after reboot on windows logo screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update issue, gets stuck after reboot on windows logo screen.: when my pc tries to update after the restart it gets stuck at the windows logo screen. I have run Windows Troubleshooter and it says "potential windows database update errors" I have tried using DSIM, and that didn't change anything. I have also done the following. netstop...
  8. Taskbar Issue After Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Issue After Reboot: I had to do a hard reboot after my computer became unresponsive, in which Windows 10 was reinstalled. Now my taskbar now looks different and I am unable to change the color of it from white. Any idea on how to fix this? [IMG] [ATTACH]...
  9. Rebooting after a Windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebooting after a Windows update.: One of our Acer All in One computer went through an Windows Update last night and now it won't boot up fully. Get the screensaver up but no communication with either the mouse or keyboard. We have tried rebooting it a few times and the computer will not get beyond this...
  10. Password issue after reboot.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password issue after reboot.: Hey guys, I have this weird lockscreen issue. Whenever I reboot my laptop, I see my usual lockscreen. When I hit enter, I see that sign-in window where username and password is already filled (Just for a second) and directly takes me to my homescreen. My build is 1803 in...