Windows 10: Issue with RTS control via usbser.sys

Discus and support Issue with RTS control via usbser.sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to control RTS signal on my USB-UART device on Windows 10 and found that the usbser.sys driver does not generate any USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marian___, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Marian___ Win User

Issue with RTS control via usbser.sys

I am trying to control RTS signal on my USB-UART device on Windows 10 and found that the usbser.sys driver does not generate any USB SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE requests for EscapeCommFunctionhndl, SETRTS or EscapeCommFunctionhndl, CLRRTS calls as expected. As results, RST signal is being unchanged on UART device.

My example is based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/devio/configuring-a-communications-resource as following:

<code>

#include <windows.h>

#include <tchar.h>

#include <stdio.h>

int _tmainint argc, TCHAR* argv[]

{

DCB dcb;

HANDLE hCom;

BOOL fSuccess;

TCHAR *pcCommPort = TCHAR*TEXT"COM9";

// Open a handle to the specified com port.

hCom = CreateFilepcCommPort,

GENERIC_READ GENERIC_WRITE,

0, // must be opened with exclusive-access

NULL, // default security attributes

OPEN_EXISTING, // must use OPEN_EXISTING

0, // not overlapped I/O

NULL; // hTemplate must be NULL for comm devices

if hCom == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE

{

// Handle the error.

printf"CreateFile failed with error %d.\n", GetLastError;

return 1;

}

// Initialize the DCB structure.

SecureZeroMemory&dcb, sizeofDCB;

dcb.DCBlength = sizeofDCB;

// Build on the current configuration by first retrieving all current

// settings.

fSuccess = GetCommStatehCom, &dcb;

if !fSuccess

{

// Handle the error.

printf"GetCommState failed with error %d.\n", GetLastError;

return 2;

}

// Fill in some DCB values and set the com state:

// 115,200 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit.

dcb.BaudRate = CBR_115200; // baud rate

dcb.ByteSize = 8; // data size, xmit and rcv

dcb.Parity = NOPARITY; // parity bit

dcb.StopBits = ONESTOPBIT; // stop bit

dcb.fDtrControl = DTR_CONTROL_DISABLE;

dcb.fRtsControl = RTS_CONTROL_HANDSHAKE;

fSuccess = SetCommStatehCom, &dcb;

if !fSuccess

{

// Handle the error.

printf"SetCommState failed with error %d.\n", GetLastError;

return 3;

}

// Set RTS

fSuccess = EscapeCommFunctionhCom, SETRTS; // SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE request is expected here on the USB bus, but nothing happens.

if !fSuccess

{

// Handle the error.

return 2;

}

_tprintfTEXT"RTS is set\n";

Sleep1000; // Sleep for one second

// Clear RTS

fSuccess = EscapeCommFunctionhCom, CLRRTS; // SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE request is expected here on the USB bus, but nothing happens.

if !fSuccess

{

// Handle the error.

return 2;

}

_tprintfTEXT"RTS is clear\n";

Sleep1000; // Sleep for one second

_tprintfTEXT"Serial port %s successfully reconfigured.\n", pcCommPort;

return 0;

}

</code>

Expected Result: After EscapeCommFunctionhndl, SETRTS or EscapeCommFunctionhndl, CLRRTS calls on the USB bus, SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE request appears which reflects the RTS change.

Actual Result: After EscapeCommFunctionhndl, SETRTS or EscapeCommFunctionhndl, CLRRTS calls, no SET_CONTROL_LINE_STATE request appears on the USB bus at all. As results, RST signal is being unchanged on UART device. Note: that RST can be changed if enforce the updating DTR signal right after that.

A similar question was asked several years ago, but there was not answered:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-serial-port-usbsersys-is-not-sending/a086cbf6-2d0a-4c46-88fd-73865bc185f5

Could you please clarify whether this is an expected behavior of usbser.sys?

Thanks,

Marian

:)

Marian___, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Pegadroid Win User

RT/LT button xbox 360 controller PC windows 10

when tested in game control settings (windows) RT button have step Acceleration
    but when test in game Dirt 3, when driving, RT button not have step Acceleration, when I hit the half or full result is the same

what is wrong with my controller settings?
    or not work on windows 10?

Issue with RTS control via usbser.sys [​IMG]

Pegadroid, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Issue with RTS control via usbser.sys

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys)

Hi Nezar,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

File igdkmd64.sys is the Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver for Microsoft Windows 8.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Issue with RTS control via usbser.sys

1. Issue with RTS control via usbser.sys - Similar Threads - Issue RTS control

2. How to get global touch messages using RTS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get global touch messages using RTS?: I am working with RTS in C++. I want to obtain global touch messages, not just those limited to the bound window. Could you please suggest any solutions to achieve this?...
  3. USB and driver issue dxmmg2.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB and driver issue dxmmg2.sys: Hello, when I came back from holidays, my headset valve index were not detected by SteamVR anymore. Steam support told me the problem were because of the usb but changing for another one doesn't work. I also have bugs sometimes when every usb would disconnect and reconnect at...
  4. USB and driver issue dxmmg2.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB and driver issue dxmmg2.sys: Hello, when I came back from holidays, my headset valve index were not detected by SteamVR anymore. Steam support told me the problem were because of the usb but changing for another one doesn't work. I also have bugs sometimes when every usb would disconnect and reconnect at...
  5. controller issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controller issues: so i have a new xbox controller and have been using it for a while, there are point when i am playing my game the controller disconnects form the computer and the icon button flashes as if its trying to reconnect, i dont know the issues but i have tried to reinstall some...
  6. USBSER.SYS does not handle RTS signal correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USBSER.SYS does not handle RTS signal correctly: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-rts-control-via-usbsersys/4d3a43a0-cccf-49d1-9b22-b7123a512724 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-serial-port-usbsersys-is-not-sending/a086cbf6-2d0a-4c46-88fd-73865bc185f5 So yeah...
  7. Control iPhone 7 via a PC?

Control iPhone 7 via a PC?: Hello, I have unfortunately broken my IPhone display and need it. Can I control my phone from my PC? If so, how would it work? Lg I phone 7 über ein PC steuern?
  8. via audio panel control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    via audio panel control: How I can get the Via audio control to adjust and change speakers configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/via-audio-panel-control/1d0fbc0e-5ee4-47b3-868c-1ca28897d82b
  9. OMEN HP - 15-dc0850nd Control Sys

OMEN HP - 15-dc0850nd Control Sys: Hello, I just bought an hp omen 15-dc and im trying to change the keyboard color. I found out that i need to install the HP OMEN CONTROL to achieve it put i keep getting the Dll problem i tried all the solutions in the forum but non of them worked for me i could really use...
  10. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...