Windows 10: Issue with running programs as administrator

Discus and support Issue with running programs as administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Łukasz_15, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Issue with running programs as administrator

Hi there.

Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace installer or uTorrent. Everything suddenly changes when I log onto administrator account(DEF) I enabled with net user administrator /active:yes command in the prompt and on it everything works as intended which means I can install software I need and access Virtual Machines via CITRIX which is impossible on my ABC account. Not being able to access software from my ABC account even though it was installed on DEF account pains me the most as ABC is the account I work on daily basis and I prefer not to work on DEF account.

If anybody have any clues what is it all about I would be more than grateful.

Regards.

:)

Łukasz_15, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Cannot run a program from an Administrator account

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Have you tried with other programs?
    • Is this issue confined only with particular app\program?
    I suggest you to check with other apps\programs and let us know with the result.

Also enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Note: Disable the account by running the following command after troubleshooting the issue:

net user administrator /active:no

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Note that the account has not assigned a password to it, and that you should consider setting one to improve account security.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Issue with running programs as administrator

a program on windows 10 can only be started with "Run as an adminstrator"

Hi Jaap,

If a program is configured to Always Run as an Administrator, there is a possibility that the program is protected from unauthorized access.

For us to isolate your issue and provide an appropriate resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Is the issue isolated only on a specific program?
    • Are you using an administrator account?

In the meantime, we have steps that we can try to allow a program to run in standard mode. Here are the steps below:

• Type in the "program name" in the Search box.
    • Right-click on the program and select Open file location.
    • Right-click on the program and click Properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Settings section, uncheck Run this program as an administrator.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Issue with running programs as administrator

1. Issue with running programs as administrator - Similar Threads - Issue running programs

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot run a program as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run a program as administrator: Hello,Last week, I sent my laptop to my IT team's company to install VPN for me to work remotely at home. So, everything went smoothly when I log in as usual into my windows but the problem is I can't open certain program which requires 'run as administrator'. Suddenly, it...
  6. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  7. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  8. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  9. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...