Windows 10: Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function

Discus and support Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, my challenge is how to make the game (screen) recorder to capture whatever/everything/anything that is being done on my screen. So far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function

Hello everyone, my challenge is how to make the game (screen) recorder to capture whatever/everything/anything that is being done on my screen. So far I have observed that the Win+G function only captures what is being done only on the active window when the function was launched.

For instance, when screenshotting, there are two basic ways namely:

• Screenshot of active window only = Alt + PrtScr
    • Screenshot of entire screen = PrtScr

I'm looking for the screen video recording equivalent of these two commands (if such exist). Does anyone know a command that will allow a user to record video of the entire screen, or do I have to rely on a third-party application to do that?

:)

Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 8, 2019
  3. renee1219 Win User
    Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Aug 8, 2019
  4. tzvim Win User

Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function

Recording of game

I want to record games that I play and make video. I use the Windows 10 facility for this by precing Win + G and in the box that appear I press on the Red dot. During the game I saw the time recorder and when I finish the game I stop the recording of the
    video.

I get the file of the video but my problem is that the files are very big around 100Mbit for 3 minuts video.

My question is how I can configure to get a small file.

Regards

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Install, upgrade, and activate / PC

tzvim, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function

1. Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function - Similar Threads - Issue Screen Recording

2. Screen Recording Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Recording Issues: Here is what I have tried so far: 1. Windows key + G: This will not work for me because I am attempting to take a screen recording of a powerpoint, in presentation mode. Whenever I click on a hyperlink that takes me to an external website the recording stops. 2. Snipping...
  3. Win + G screen recording didn't capture my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win + G screen recording didn't capture my voice: I used Win + G to record a Zoom meeting. Four people, including me. I can hear the other three people in the recording, but I can't hear me.What up with that?...
  4. Win + G screen recording didn't capture my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win + G screen recording didn't capture my voice: I used Win + G to record a Zoom meeting. Four people, including me. I can hear the other three people in the recording, but I can't hear me.What up with that?...
  5. win + g cant record

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win + g cant record: i want to record minecraft but when i click win+g and record it says We cant record right now try again later it was working on older versions (1903) Windows 10 Home 20H2 instaled 09.‎03.‎2021(i got a ssd drive) build 19042.867 Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Screen record issues Game Bar

Screen record issues Game Bar: Hi, I have tried to record my screen today using the game bar and received the following error message 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057 I needed to record the screen while a video played on a web page open with google chrome. Ive done this before without issue....
  7. Video recording screen issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video recording screen issues: I would like to record my screen and have had no luck. I've tried the Xbox Bame bar but when I press record it says, "The PC does not meet the hardware required for recording clips. Go to Game bar settings. I tried a few free video recording downloads and they also...
  8. Video Recording Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Recording Issue: Wondering if someone can help me figure out why the camera/video program that comes with Windows 10 will only record 1 or 2 seconds? I've only had it work properly a couple of times, I assumed it was because there were updates, however, no updates currently needed and I just...
  9. Videos are frozen in recordings using Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos are frozen in recordings using Game Bar: I recently just changed my fortnite resolution to 1440x1080. And when I did that and tried to use game bars "clipping" system the recording of the videos have not been recording. It records the audio but the video is just frozen on the first thing it was recording. I was...
  10. Recording video with game bar

Recording video with game bar: I have always recorded videos using 3rd party software, but yesterday, I recorded the Remembrance Sunday programme on BBC using the game bar recording mode. My stepson was marching in it and we saw him :-). I was really impressed with quality of recording, both sound and...