Windows 10: Issue with screen resolution?

Discus and support Issue with screen resolution? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my screen set to all recommended settings, yet when I maximize a window, it goes off the screen. Additionally, the task bar (docked anywhere on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JessicaMcChes, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Issue with screen resolution?

I have my screen set to all recommended settings, yet when I maximize a window, it goes off the screen. Additionally, the task bar (docked anywhere on the screen - bottom, right, left) is not fully visible. Any known issues/fixes out there as this seemed to happen overnight.

:)

JessicaMcChes, Oct 24, 2019

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Issue with screen resolution?

Issues with the screen resolution in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding resolution of computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

It is very important to have the correct screen resolution settings in your Windows PC as it facilitates better display of content and the clarity of images. Higher is the resolution, sharper are the images and contents on your PC

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop,right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    Keep The Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Anup Karkal, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Issue with screen resolution?

1. Issue with screen resolution? - Similar Threads - Issue screen resolution

2. Resolution issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution issues.: thank you in advance for any help provided!!! Something happened with my surface laptop 4, where the resolution on some things is way too big. it isn't my actual resolution settings, and i have also tried to adjust the scaling, but it isn't helping. I think the cause may have...
  3. Screen resolution auto change issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen resolution auto change issue: so my screen seems to go from 3840 2160 (4k resolution) to 640480 (sometimes it does that twice ) then it sometimes reverts back to the 3840 resolution . it tends to do this hourly. ive tried uninstalling video drivers, restarting,powerting off, ensuring the boot mode thing...
  4. Screen resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution issues: I'm trying to play a PC game through Steam. The game is from 2007 so the graphics quality isn't great. My Surface Pro, every time I open the game, give me a pop up asking if I want the PC to fix the blurriness for the game. The pop up has a drop down menu and 3 options: 1....
  5. Resolution Issue

Resolution Issue: I have this problem on my pc where my resolution keeps changing automaticly and there isnt anything that I could do about. I tried everything like restalling drivers to updating them. I still fix this issue and I tried restarting my pc as well to see if that would have an...
  6. Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display: Dear Team, I am using a Dell Work station T5810XL machine ,installed with WIn 10 OS. There are 2 Nvidia (NVS 315) display driver installed in that machines. On first Nvidia Card 2 Monitors are connected & works fine in extended display environment. Perfect Screen...
  7. Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Issues: I have a GTX570 Phantom, and an LG E1911S-BN monitor. Recently, I started to have very weird resolution issues: while in some games, and all programs, everything runs fine at the monitor's resolution (1366x768, 60Hz), in certain games, upon selecting 1366x768 at full screen,...
  8. HP Laptop Screen Resolution Issues

HP Laptop Screen Resolution Issues: I have been putting off updating to Windows 10 on a Hewlitt Packard G60 laptop, however, today, the computer did upgrade. It seems as if the Windows 10 installation worked, with the exception of two issues. 1. The screen resolution has been changed to 1024x728, and...
  9. Screen resolution issue.

Screen resolution issue.: My screen resolution is at the minimum instead of where it should be. When I try to use the settings to reset it, it does not work. Any suggestions what else to do? 62098
  10. Screen resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen resolution Issues: I just recently got a new computer and updated it to 10. I have the resolution set to 1920x1080 which is the recommended resolution for me. However, the picture extends about a half inch off my screen on the right and left hand sides of my screen. Been fiddling around, trying...