Windows 10: Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer.

Discus and support Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've recently built my new pc, and I noticed that I was getting some issues with the search bar, whenever I typed something in and pressed the Enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ArakiOwO, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer.

So I've recently built my new pc, and I noticed that I was getting some issues with the search bar, whenever I typed something in and pressed the Enter Key; it'd show what I searched, however the search bar would turn grey and after that, it wouldn't let me type in it. It doesn't do it to any other search bar on my computer, just the file explorer one. At first, I figured it was to do with me not activating windows; but after using a Key to activate it, it still happens.

Image of the grey bar: This

submitted by /u/ArakiOwO
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ArakiOwO, Jan 11, 2020

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 11, 2020
  3. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer.

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer.

1. Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Issue Search Bar

2. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  3. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  4. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Issue: After updating to windows 11 there was an issue with my file search. Rebuilding the index MOSTLY fixed the problem, however search only searches titles and not contents. I need it to search through word documents and not just their titles...
  6. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Issue: After updating to windows 11 there was an issue with my file search. Rebuilding the index MOSTLY fixed the problem, however search only searches titles and not contents. I need it to search through word documents and not just their titles...
  7. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search Issue: I am typing into File Explorer and it keeps acting like every key I click is a new search. In the past I was able to type "Ca" and it would find a folder that starts with "Ca" but now it searches for the first C folder and then when I hit A it moves to the A folders. What...
  8. File Explorer Search Issue

in Cortana
    File Explorer Search Issue: Hello, I got a strange issue with the search in Windows 10. If I try to search anything in File Explorer, I type what I want and press ENTER, nothing happens at all, it only searches when I press the arrow button that shows up in the search box. [ATTACH] I've tried...
  9. File Explorer search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search bar not working: I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were...
  10. Can't use search bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't use search bar in File Explorer: Hi, I've found an issue with File Explorer in Win version 1909. The search bar freezes and cannot be used. Very annoying indeed. Referenced also here: https://www.slashgear.com/windows-10-version-1909-november-2019-update-breaks-file-explorer-search-25601307/ Anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer search bar error