Windows 10: Issue with Secure Sign-In and Chrome

Discus and support Issue with Secure Sign-In and Chrome in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Secure Sign-In enabled on my computer. Whenever I walk away for an extended period of time the computer goes into sleep mode and normally when I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BigD6913, Oct 26, 2018.

1. BigD6913 Win User

Issue with Secure Sign-In and Chrome

I have Secure Sign-In enabled on my computer. Whenever I walk away for an extended period of time the computer goes into sleep mode and normally when I wake it I get the Secure Sign-In screen. Lately when I leave and still have Chrome open and the computer goes into sleep mode and I come back Windows opens without going to the Secure Sign-In screen. I've done the same thing with FireFox but I get the Secure Sign-In screen. Any ideas as to how to fix this or do I need to uninstall Chrome?

:)

BigD6913, Oct 26, 2018

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 26, 2018
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Issue with Secure Sign-In and Chrome - Similar Threads - Issue Secure Sign

2. SECURITY ISSUE - sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SECURITY ISSUE - sign in?: Each time I try to sign into my account , I have an issue. The Email code to do*****@mailnesia.com is not my email and I don't know how to get around doing it given that my email address is incorrect. How do I fix this "security issue". I have changed my password many times...
  3. SECURITY ISSUE - sign in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SECURITY ISSUE - sign in?: Each time I try to sign into my account , I have an issue. The Email code to do*****@mailnesia.com is not my email and I don't know how to get around doing it given that my email address is incorrect. How do I fix this "security issue". I have changed my password many times...
  4. SECURITY ISSUE - sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Hello sign-in security key issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello sign-in security key issue: After inserting security key there are only two options: "Change security key pin" and "Reset security key". There is no option to use it for windows logon. I do not want to use PIN to sign into my account. Only password with security key or just security key. Any advice...
  6. Windows Hello sign-in security key issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello sign-in security key issue: After inserting security key there are only two options: "Change security key pin" and "Reset security key". There is no option to use it for windows logon. I do not want to use PIN to sign into my account. Only password with security key or just security key. Any advice...
  7. Chrome issue

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome issue: Sometimes i get the ERR_NETWORK_Change error, even tough i'm on one network. How can it be dected that it's changing even tohugh i'm on one entwork? 164056
  8. Chrome Extension Security Risk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Extension Security Risk: See here Chrome Extensions Security Risk 158904
  9. Chrome browser security issue in the event viewer

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser security issue in the event viewer: I have HP desktop with WIN 10 installed on it. I monitor Eevent viewer from to time and have noticed that a log occurred each 2 to 3 days informing me that an issue with Google Chrome. Is this related to failed login in Gmail or other website on that web browser. An...
  10. Google Chrome security issue. Change this setting now!

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome security issue. Change this setting now!: If you have Chrome set to automatically download files, it may be a good thing to change that option to ask you where to save. You should disable automatic downloads in Chrome right now - gHacks Tech News 84819

Users found this page by searching for:

1. secure sign in chrome sleep