Windows 10: Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

Discus and support Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Have been trawling high and low to look at this issue and I know there are some other threads out there that discuss this, but not this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by deeperStatesTech, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

Hi all,

Have been trawling high and low to look at this issue and I know there are some other threads out there that discuss this, but not this specific issue.

We have 2 Windows 10 computers, one acting as SMB Server and the other a client sharing an application that depends on an MS Access Database. The issue is that the session is being temporarily disconnected and therefore crashing the Database.

A few things we've tried already:

1. Turned off Autodisconnect -1

2. Updated Network Drivers

3. Updated from build 1903 to 1909

4. Tried the keepconn setting in lanmanworkstation to 65535 in Registry

When checking the logs we find a key notification in the SMB Server Eventlog stating that the connection was cleaned up:

Information 10/02/2020 3:44:11 PM SMBServer 1905 1018

The server closed the session as part of periodic system cleanup.

Session Id: 0x600004000001
    Instance Id: 0
    Reason: Kickoff time expired

So we can't seem to find a way to stop this happening. Nothing on Google just yet that I can find that relates to this error. As soon as the SMB Client is disconnected the application running on the client crashes whilst it tries to reopen the handles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta,

Jase.

:)

deeperStatesTech, Feb 10, 2020
  2. A._R. Win User

SMB-Share not found

Hello together,

i have a problem and i'm troubleshooting since 15 hours.

I installed a new Windows Server 2016 (nano without GUI), added it to my domain, assigned my default GPO also applied on all my other servers, installed the fileserver with work-folders and deduplication.

Now i cannot access the SMB-Shares, neither the default admin shares, nor a newly created smb-share on a different drive for testing. I always receive the message "The network path was not found" (Error Code: 0x80070035)

Event-Viewer shows the event 30803 in the SMBClient:

Failed to establish a network connection.

Error: {Device Timeout}

The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.

Server name: SERVERNAME

Server address: 192.168.101.24:445

Connection type: Wsk

Guidance:

This indicates a problem with the underlying network or transport, such as with TCP/IP, and not with SMB. A firewall that blocks TCP port 445, or TCP port 5445 when using an iWARP RDMA adapter, can also cause this issue.

The client tries to access is also Windows Server 2016 or Windows 10, both doesn't work.

Already checked Windows Update, disabled SMBv1, disabled SMBv2 and changed back to SMBv1, opened SMB-Firewall Ports recommended by Microsoft (also tried disable the Firewall, without success)

Permissions are also okay, access won't work with \\Servername\share, \\IP-Address\share, \\servername.domain\share

I can access from the File-Server other SMB-shares without problems, also can open the local shares with IP-Address or Servername

Also checked the Get-SMBServerConfiguration and changed settings similar to my other servers

A._R., Feb 10, 2020
  3. Problem connecting to SMB Share on Linux server with Windows 10

Hello All,

Recently my Windows 10 laptop no longer sees the SMB shares on my Unraid 6 server, everything was working fine until a week or so ago. Other Windows 7 machines on the same network have no problem seeing or connecting to the same SMB shares. I did some searching
    on the Web and it was suggested that you try to sign into the computer with a local account rather than a Microsoft account but that did not help. I also tried the registry edit suggested in this post:

https://www.schkerke.com/wps/2015/06/windows-10-unable-to-connect-to-samba-shares/

This did not help either, I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on an Asus UX305LB laptop and my last update was KB3093266, I believe I was able to connect to the SMB shares for a while after the update. It's pretty important that I be able to connect
    to the server as I use it to backup the computer, thanks in advance.

DavidMcJunkin, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

SMB file servers keep asking for credentials

I have both Windows 10 SMB and Linux Samba file servers. The share permissions are:

• browsable (Linux) / turn on file and printer sharing (Windows)
    • guest ok (Linux) / turn off password protected sharing (Windows)
    • Appropriate file system level permissions on both servers (not really matters here)
    Most of the time, using a Windows 10 client to connect to the shared folder is straight forward, just \\my-server and
    it is fine. But sometimes, it keep asking for credentials for unknown reason.

Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server 83de1903-dd22-4fab-b664-a2570faccf3d?upload=true.png

It won't connect if I leave all fields blank. Sometimes I need to type a random user account with a blank password, and sometimes both a random account plus a random password to pass that stupid prompt. Linux
    clients do not suffer from that issue, at least by using smb://my-server on Ubuntu's Nautilus and select Connect anonymously.

To make the problem worse, let's say I have a shared printer on the server. After a client provides a random user + password, he can connect to the server and use the shared printer. After a few days, he suddenly
    cannot print using the previously added printer, until he tries to connect and provides a random user + password again (the printer does not need to be re-added). Looks like the junk user + password time out after a few days (even if you do check Remember
    my credentials
    ).

The issue occurs randomly. What could be the cause of the problem?

Livy Inverse, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

1. Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server - Similar Threads - Issue SMB Shares

2. Bug in client smb cache?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in client smb cache?: Apparently, there is a bug in the cache design of smb client after updating a binary on a UNC path by using the trick of moving the old binary and copying the new one.--- HERE IS THE REPRODUCIBLE TEST CASE ---First, you can compile two console c++ applications:test-old.exe...
  3. Bug in client smb cache?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in client smb cache?: Apparently, there is a bug in the cache design of smb client after updating a binary on a UNC path by using the trick of moving the old binary and copying the new one.--- HERE IS THE REPRODUCIBLE TEST CASE ---First, you can compile two console c++ applications:test-old.exe...
  4. Bug in client smb cache?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Client losing connectivity to domain server share

Client losing connectivity to domain server share: I have strange issue. There is a small domain running SBS 2003 on the server and Windows 10 Pro on all the clients. All of the client systems have a mapped network drive that is mapped to a shared folder on the server. One of the client machines keeps losing access to the...
  6. W10 includes BOTH SERVER and Client SSH

W10 includes BOTH SERVER and Client SSH: Hi folks these days you can SSH INTO windows from another machine without needing any 3rd party software -- the client is available by default but the server is also present -- you install it in the Add features in settings and then you have to enable it. However that's not...
  7. SMB share credentials

SMB share credentials: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  8. SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019: Hi, I have a problem with shares on file server windows 2019. When i open a shared file and make changes, the process of saving takes too long even some times "Not Responding". I manage to find out that the problem is when i make SMB connection to the file server with...
  9. Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients: Hi folks there's a lot of confusion about how to set SAMBA up if you have any sort of Linux type system in the mix whether host , running as a NAS or in VM and Windows 10 mix. the best way is to do the following 1) Enable SMB1 on W10 -- while it might not be recommended...
  10. Entering a SMB share

Entering a SMB share: Hi everyone, in W10 i shared a folder and i want to enter them using "ES File Explorer" in Android. From that app i'm requested for user e psw. SMB protocol are active: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>...