Windows 10: Issue with Snipping Tool

Discus and support Issue with Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After I have taken a screenshot, I cannot open it in the Snipping Tool What should I do about this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IBTM, Jun 21, 2022.

1. IBTM Win User

Issue with Snipping Tool

After I have taken a screenshot, I cannot open it in the Snipping Tool What should I do about this problem?

:)

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Snipping Tool stopped working

Hi Rick,

To resolve your concern about the issue, please follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Task Bar, and select
      Task Manager
    • Look for Snipping Tool, and click the End task button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Issue with Snipping Tool

Unable to mail the snipped clip from Snipping tool option on Windows 10.

Hello Jensheahan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which mail application are you using on the computer?
    • Which is the default mail application set on the computer?
    • Is any mail client installed on the computer other than Mail app?

You will be able to select the mail application to send using Snipping tool by setting a default mail application on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if you are able to mail the snipped clip.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Windows Live Mail and select the top most search result.
    • From the dialog box select the application to set as default and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Open snipping tool, snip a clip and check if you are able to mail the clip using
      Windows Live Mail.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Issue with Snipping Tool

1. Issue with Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Issue Snipping Tool

2. Issue with Snipping Tool and MultiTasking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Snipping Tool and MultiTasking: Hello,I am encountering an issue with the snipping Tool.After I make a screenshot with the snipping tool, in background or foreground, the window casually shrink.I am not seeing any process that can make this situation happening.After some tests I noticed that when I go to...
  3. Issue with Snipping Tool and MultiTasking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Snipping Tool and MultiTasking: Hello,I am encountering an issue with the snipping Tool.After I make a screenshot with the snipping tool, in background or foreground, the window casually shrink.I am not seeing any process that can make this situation happening.After some tests I noticed that when I go to...
  4. Snipping tool Mouse Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool Mouse Issue: Problem Description:When attempting to take a screenshot using the snipping tool my mouse doesn't allow me to click anymore and is not stuck. The mouse can move but I can't click then the only way I found to fix it was by restarting the entire computer.Tried:Resetting the...
  5. Snipping tool Mouse Issue

Snipping tool Mouse Issue: Problem Description:When attempting to take a screenshot using the snipping tool my mouse doesn't allow me to click anymore and is not stuck. The mouse can move but I can't click then the only way I found to fix it was by restarting the entire computer.Tried:Resetting the...
  6. Windows 10 Snipping Tool Issue

Windows 10 Snipping Tool Issue: Hello, I have laptop with additional 2 monitors. I did upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and now I have issue with Snipping Tool. You can see issue on the screenshot. I can't select required for me space on monitors. I tried re-install but It didn't help. What is the...
  7. Issue with Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Snipping Tool: After I have taken a screenshot, I cannot open it in the Snipping Tool What should I do about this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-snipping-tool/3e7608f1-ab50-43a5-b458-4f85978c05dd
  8. Snip tool not working properly issue

Snip tool not working properly issue: Good day. I've recently upgraded to windows 11 and everything is working correctly except for the Snip & Sketch app, the snipping tool. Whenever I use the shortcut to take a rectangle snip, I run the issue of the whole screens not being highlighted, but just a chunk of them.I...
  9. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  10. Snipping tool and downloads issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snipping tool and downloads issues: Since the latest updates the snipping tool is automatically opening in a format I don't like - 3D for example?? and the downloads are not showing progress when I click on the progress arrow - am using Cyberfox browser (similar to Firefox) So what is the go now as it seems...