Windows 10: Issue with some CTRL keyboard shortcuts not working / registering on Windows 10

Discus and support Issue with some CTRL keyboard shortcuts not working / registering on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had been trying to figure out why certain shortcuts I use throughout each day had not been working recently, such as CTRL+D and CTRL+P. Per a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaylaH., Jun 7, 2019.

1. KaylaH. Win User

Issue with some CTRL keyboard shortcuts not working / registering on Windows 10

I had been trying to figure out why certain shortcuts I use throughout each day had not been working recently, such as CTRL+D and CTRL+P.

Per a suggestion from another thread, I just now simply resolved it by uninstalling the keyboard driver from the Device Manager and restarting my computer. Bam, shortcuts registering again. Hope this helps someone. Thanks to volunteer Vijay_Verma !

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-working/f7fd4ae0-92a4-40b0-94d5-5e95f07054d7

:)

KaylaH., Jun 7, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 7, 2019
  4. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue with some CTRL keyboard shortcuts not working / registering on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issue CTRL keyboard

2. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  3. Shortcut keys Shift, ctrl on keyboard not working with Windows 10 touchscreen, need to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shortcut keys Shift, ctrl on keyboard not working with Windows 10 touchscreen, need to...: Hello,I have just got a new windows 10 laptop from work, the shift and the ctrl keys aren't reacting when I use them with conjunction with the touch screen and only works if I use them with the mouse my previous windows 7 with touch screen had no such issue . For example, in...
  4. Keyboard not registering some letters

Keyboard not registering some letters: This happened suddenly today. I had been using the laptop for some time, typing in both English and Greek with no problem. Then I went to log onto a website and my b key didn`t register. Other keys also fail to register or show as something different such as an accented i or...
  5. Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut: Hello everyone! I have a simple question. Whenever I press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1, it zooms the screen in onto the mouse, and if I press it again it zooms back out. How do I disable this? I need to use the shortcut for a different purpose on a program, but I cant if...
  6. some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working

some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working: hello, last month out of no where my system started facing sticky ctrl key ( specifically right). somehow I managed to disable it but shortcuts like ctrl + c,z,x,v stopped working when I press the other ctrl key. I have now done a rest to installed windows 10 drive as...
  7. Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working

Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working: Good day! I updated my laptop to the latest build of Windows 10. I noticed that some of the keyboard combinations are not working ( RShift+Left Arrow, RCTRL+RShift+Left/Right Arrow ). It will work if I use LShift/RShift+Right Arrow and LCTRL+LShift/RShift+Right Arrow....
  8. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  9. Some CTRL+ALT shortcut combos won't work

Some CTRL+ALT shortcut combos won't work: I've set up a bunch of shortcut keys to files/folders/apps I use often by entering a key combo in the properties > shortcut page of .lnk shortcuts. I've done this in every version of Windows I've used with rarely any issues. The key combos are all CTRL+ALT combos. There...
  10. Some keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Some keyboard shortcuts not working: I have a new Windows 10 desktop machine & like to use keyboard shortcuts to launch programs & folders. Some of them work & some don't. Some work some of the time. I saw some old threads on this, & tried some of their suggestions, like disabling Services/Superfetch & some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctrl break not registering