Windows 10: Issue with sound buzzing on laptop

Discus and support Issue with sound buzzing on laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having this issue with sound buzzing on my laptop, since updating to windows 10 1903. the buzzing does not occur when sound doesn't play,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spookywotto, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Issue with sound buzzing on laptop

I've been having this issue with sound buzzing on my laptop, since updating to windows 10 1903. the buzzing does not occur when sound doesn't play, only when sound is playing. this issue occurs system-wide, Spotify, google chrome, the chime when adjusting the volume.

I've done some research on the matter and applied all the techniques to fix this, but nothing has worked. everything from driver issues to hardware related issues such as a bad hard drive or RAM. Both I can confirm are ok

this issue occurs through the internal speaker, headphones, Bluetooth and HDMI. I dual-boot Linux mint and can confirm that this is only an issue with Windows 10, as I have not had this issue with Linux mint.

The best way to describe this issue is when sound is playing, every 10 or so seconds, the sound just buzzes. simular to the buzzing that occurs when sound is playing and windows bluescreens.

I've not experienced any hangs or bluescreens.

incase you're wondering, the specs are

HP Pavilion g6-1220ev

AMD E2-3000m CPU

4GB RAM

250GB SSD

The drive was replaced with an SSD back in 1809, but I didn't experience the issue since 1903.

:)

spookywotto, Oct 3, 2019

2. Laptop buzzing sound

Hello,

We would like to know more about the buzzing sound issues you're experiencing. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you contacted the device manufacturer for the latest driver for your Windows 10 device?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Buzzing sound from laptop

Hi Feview,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Uninstall the audio driver and install the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue still persists.

SujataMoktan, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Issue with sound buzzing on laptop

Realtek HD Audio buzzing

Hi,

To properly address this issue, we would like to get more details about the buzzing sound on your computer.

• Does it still buzz even if you put it in low volume?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

Let's run the audio troubleshooter to help us find and fix the issue. Follow the steps provided in

Fix sound problems

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Issue with sound buzzing on laptop

1. Issue with sound buzzing on laptop - Similar Threads - Issue sound buzzing

2. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  3. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  4. Buzzing sounds and crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Buzzing sounds and crashes.: Hello, I have bought this new PC 2 months ago aprox. and today it started making buzzing sounds. It kinda was annoying at first until I was in a match. It started buzzing for a while and then did a big buzz and my PC crashed. It had the : face and said an error has occured....
  5. My laptop restart with a buzz sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop restart with a buzz sound: When I was using my laptop, suddenly the display turned off and a buzz sound came from my laptop. Then power off the laptop by pressing the power button near the keyboard since I have nothing else to do. This happed to me several times, after few days it shut down and when...
  6. Sound buzzing, robotic, skipping issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound buzzing, robotic, skipping issue: Please help, I'm desperate for help *Sad I'll try to make it short. Occasionally the sound start to skip, make strange noise randomly. Either on main speaker or Astro A40 head set. When I put the computer to sleep for some time and open it up the sound issue persist until...
  7. buzzing sound

buzzing sound: frequently i have a buzzuing sound on speaker which resolves by restarting to be repeated in one or two days. what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/buzzing-sound/87f33d44-0005-473c-90a8-5c34b040f4d1
  8. buzzing sound

buzzing sound: Why is my laptop making a buzzing sound all of a sudden? I have cleaned the fan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/buzzing-sound/484ec9c3-0cec-40f8-a567-8775b13c0872
  9. BSOD with Buzz sound

BSOD with Buzz sound: So the BSOD started with my R9 280x graphs card whenever i play games or stress the pc it started to crash with that weird buzzing sound Then i tried to RMA the r9 280x but failed; they said overheating damaged the card perm. So i switched back to my old ATI HD6510 card...
  10. Sound buzzing

Sound buzzing: Hello everyone im having issues with my motherboard soundcard because i have recently purchased a new keyboard that had the cables to connect into the soundboard, when i plugged them in the volume increased and a buzzing sound was noticeable. I downgraded the soundboard to...