Windows 10: Issue with SSD not appearing in windows Explorer

Discus and support Issue with SSD not appearing in windows Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The thread title virtually says it all, but I'll try and explain what happened as much as I can. After playing a game online with my laptop plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 142pacerover, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Issue with SSD not appearing in windows Explorer

The thread title virtually says it all, but I'll try and explain what happened as much as I can.

After playing a game online with my laptop plugged in, I put it to sleep and left the room.

About an hour later, I came back and tried loading the same game through Steam.

It didn't work, and I thought I needed to close Steam through the task manager.

It didn't appear in the task manager.

I then opened my File Explorer to find that the D Drive (my SSD) didn't appear at all.

I tried restarting my laptop (both through safe mode and without), and I've had no luck.

I spent almost £1000 on this laptop, and it took a long time to save up for it, I can't bear to lose this reliable machine.

If anyone can provide a fix or some advice for where to go from this point, I'll be eternally grateful.

:)

142pacerover, Nov 10, 2018

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Nov 10, 2018
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Issue with SSD not appearing in windows Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Frick Win User

Issue with SSD not appearing in windows Explorer

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Issue with SSD not appearing in windows Explorer :p

Frick, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Issue with SSD not appearing in windows Explorer

1. Issue with SSD not appearing in windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Issue SSD appearing

2. Windows explorer window appearence changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows explorer window appearence changed: The appearence of windows explorer changed, I mean the window and side bars of the window. How can I restore it to the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-window-appearence-changed/d3377a0c-74dd-4a82-b4ab-75f7632679ab
  3. Windows explorer window appearence changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer window appearence changed: The appearence of windows explorer changed, I mean the window and side bars of the window. How can I restore it to the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-window-appearence-changed/d3377a0c-74dd-4a82-b4ab-75f7632679ab
  4. Windows explorer window appearence changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Issue: Okay okay I'll get straight into the point. I recently bought this ssd from a local computer shop then when I tried to install windows on it, it's asking for the company info. I even formatted it about 5 times but it still asks for said info. I need to know how to solve this...
  6. SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Issue: Okay okay I'll get straight into the point. I recently bought this ssd from a local computer shop then when I tried to install windows on it, it's asking for the company info. I even formatted it about 5 times but it still asks for said info. I need to know how to solve this...
  7. Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming New Folders in Windows Explorer Fails - Appears to be a timeout issue: Hi, This problem has been driving me mad for around a year. I am an astro-photograper with large numbers of images that I file in folders which include date and target details in the name - typically something like "2021-09-06 M31 Andromeda Galaxy". The problem occurs when I...
  8. SSD disk appear as RAW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD disk appear as RAW: Hi, I posted this in the windows 7 forum before realizing there's a separate forum for windows 10. I got a cloudflare error after posting, so not sure if it was successful. In that case, sorry for double posting, the one in Win7 forum can be removed. While I sat at my...
  9. Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer: Skydrive continues to appear in Windows Explorer, although if I left click on it I get a "Location is not available" error message. If I click on properties it shows as a system folder but its size is zero kbs. OneDrive does appear under my user section of WE. Is there a...
  10. SSD issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD issue: Hello, I've been having a strange issue since yesterday morning, I bought this samsung evo 850 500gb SSD brand new about a month ago and it's been working like a champ till yesterday.. i tried downloading Battlefield Hardline to it and the download just comes to an end...