Windows 10: Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes

Discus and support Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have an issue whereby the Star Menu in Win 10 autoscrolls to the top when I release the left mouse button. It stops scrolling when I move the cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Craig Hughes7172, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes

Have an issue whereby the Star Menu in Win 10 autoscrolls to the top when I release the left mouse button. It stops scrolling when I move the cursor off the affected area. Also, I cannot scroll and get the focus to remain on any Windows window. As soon as I release the button, the page autoscrolls to the top.

Drop down boxes flash into view then disappear before I can click on the contents.

Initially I thought it might have been a problem with my mouse. Uninstalled, re-installed drivers repeatedly. Tried another mouse. Same problem.

Tried System Restore.

Tried Tried Anti virus/Malware scan. (Eset)

Getting to a point where I'm thinking I might have to re-format and start again.

Any ideas would be appreciated

:)

Craig Hughes7172, Jan 19, 2019
  2. ECK Wolf Win User

Dropdown Menu on Windows 10 desktop not working correctly

Dropdown menu on Windows 10 desktop not working correctly. Puts boxes all over the screen and there is no application list

ECK Wolf, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 start menu dropdown

Hi,

Let's fix your Start Menu by following the methods below.

Method 1: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter.

Run this Start Menu Troubleshooter to automatically fix problems with Start Menu.

Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM commands.

System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes

Windows Start issue

Try this:

Right click on your start menu, and click on System:

Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes [​IMG]

When the system window comes up, click on Advanced System Settings:

There, click on Startup and Recovery:

Then in the top menu you will have a choice of OSs. Select the one you want to boot to defaultly and uncheck the box for "Time to display list of operating systems."

That should make it boot into Windows 10 without your intervention.

ArazelEternal, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes

1. Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes - Similar Threads - Issue Start Menu

2. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  3. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  4. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  5. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  6. ICS dropdown box missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICS dropdown box missing: I have the same issue as this guy here. The issue is still unsolved, the dropdown box is still missing. On my PC it is working but on my Surface it isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ics-dropdown-box-missing/5c85e2c0-e049-4b38-b294-239fe486932a
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections: In the version of Win10 I used for the past year I could right click in a Word Doc pinned to the start menu icon and click Print. That PC died in January after 6+ years. I have an HP Omen 1 week old. Office H&B was pre-installed. Now there are fewer selections in the...
  8. Dropdown Box Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dropdown Box Font Color: Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This happens when changing the color scheme in personalization. [personalization>colors>choose your default app mode>dark] When...
  9. Scrolling and dropdown boxes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling and dropdown boxes: All of a sudden my apps scroll down without my prompting and won't let scroll back up, and the dropdown boxes show for a glimpse and will not allow me to select, even on the touchscreen. Help??!...
  10. Word dropdown menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Word dropdown menu: Hi, I hope somebody can help me. i created a dropdown menu with some questions. i did this in WORD. However i only see the dropdown menu when i'm pointed with my cursor on the dropdown menu. how can i make sure the dropdown menu is shown als always? i hope somebody can...