Windows 10: Issue with SystemGuard Launch setting in Windows 10 v1809

Discus and support Issue with SystemGuard Launch setting in Windows 10 v1809 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Customers that deployed Microsoft’s security baseline for Windows 10 v1809 and Windows Server 2019 on systems with UEFI secure boot enabled might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Issue with SystemGuard Launch setting in Windows 10 v1809

Source: Issue with SystemGuard Launch setting in Windows 10 v1809 and Windows Server 2019 Microsoft Security Guidance blog

:)

Brink, Jan 28, 2019

2. Settings won't launch

Hello Jen,

If you're having issue launching Settings from Start menu, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps posted by Rohit Siddegowda in this
    thread. Lots of Community user found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 28, 2019
  3. can't launch setting on windows 10.

Hi Piotrek58,

There could be a number of factors as to why you can't launch the Settings app in Windows 10. This could be caused by corrupted system files, software conflict, or due to a corrupted user account.

I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify the changes made to the computer prior to the issue. Are you getting any error message when trying to launch the Settings app?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

For your reference, you can check this link.

Check if you will encounter the same issue on the new user profile.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue with SystemGuard Launch setting in Windows 10 v1809 - Similar Threads - Issue SystemGuard Launch

2. Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v1809: Windows 10 version 1809 automatically downloaded a day or so ago. Since then all my settings seem to have disappered, 'split screen' no longer possible, no access to the taskbar, etc, etc, passwords forgotten. Total chaos, a 10 minute job now takes half an hour. I'm runnning...
  3. Issue with windows 10 settings not launching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with windows 10 settings not launching: Whenever I try to launch windows settings it crashes. I've tried a few different fixes such as windows troubleshooting. using Run also doesn't work and provides this error: [ATTACH] Any help would be a appreciated!...
  4. Windows 10 v1703 to v1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v1703 to v1809: Hi! I am currently working to update my workstation from Windows v1703, OS Build 15063.2108 to Windows v1809. I cannot use an ISO to rebuild this machine and need to update it using only KBs from the Microsoft Update Catalog. The updates I would like to push are...
  5. Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 v1809: I did 'updates' to v1809 on my Surface Pro 6, and I have a SSD 256GB drive on the unit. When I download PDFs and other files/folders. I go to the SSD chip and they disappear. It has started to happen after it updated to v1809. Has anyone been experiencing this? Thanks...
  6. Settings will not launch. Windows 10.

Settings will not launch. Windows 10.: Following my last update of Windows 10, I can no longer launch Settings. The app appears for about a second, as if it's in process of opening, and then it just disappears. I see that others have had this issue back in 2015 and 2016 and various fixes were suggested. I've...
  7. V1809 and SSD Issue

V1809 and SSD Issue: Another win 10 v1809 issue. I have an HP570 PC with an SSD and HD installed. Installing 1809 means the PC fails to boot windows everytime. Only solution I have found is to turn off mains power after shutdown. This solves the issue but is frustrating. Going back to 1803 is an...
  8. Windows 10 v1809

Windows 10 v1809: So, when v1809 came out a few weeks ago or so, I created a bootable Flash drive with it. It's my understanding that Microsoft has pulled the 1809 version. Does that mean I cannot do a fresh install with 1809? Of if i can, will I have problems? 121349
  9. Issues with Windows 10 v1809 update

Issues with Windows 10 v1809 update: The last two Windows 10 updates have both caused me significant problems. The 1803 update caused issues with the geolocation service in IE (it fails). I reported this as a bug with v1803 in May. MS released a fix in June but it didn't work. Reported it again that month....
  10. windows 10 setting not launching

windows 10 setting not launching: windows 10 setting not launching https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-setting-not-launching/91d47773-2826-41fd-9335-dc736608a01f