Windows 10: Issue with taskbar - icons can't be moved

Discus and support Issue with taskbar - icons can't be moved in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an issue where I can't click and drag to reorder icons on my taskbar. The taskbar is not locked. I can reorder icons on the system tray - but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/windman_12, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Issue with taskbar - icons can't be moved

I have an issue where I can't click and drag to reorder icons on my taskbar. The taskbar is not locked. I can reorder icons on the system tray - but the task bar icons won't budge.

I have tried logging in and out of my account, restarting, moving the task bar around, adding and removing icons - nothing is fixing the issue.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/windman_12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/windman_12, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 27, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Issue with taskbar - icons can't be moved

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Issue with taskbar - icons can't be moved

1. Issue with taskbar - icons can't be moved - Similar Threads - Issue taskbar icons

2. Can't move the taskbar icons to center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the taskbar icons to center: I am trying to move my taskbar icons back to the center they are currently on the left. The taskbar is unlocked, I have right clicked on the task bar and opened the settings but I do not have an option anymore for the taskbar alignment....
  3. Can't move the taskbar icons to center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move the taskbar icons to center: I am trying to move my taskbar icons back to the center they are currently on the left. The taskbar is unlocked, I have right clicked on the task bar and opened the settings but I do not have an option anymore for the taskbar alignment....
  4. Can't move the taskbar icons to center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't Move TaskBar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Move TaskBar?: Dear MS,I have heard that in Win 11 users cannot fully customize the desktop. More specifically, users are not permitted to move the taskbar. If I can't do this image, I will not move to Win 11. I have seen this as being a noted and repeated complaint on multiple forums. If...
  6. Can't Move TaskBar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Move TaskBar?: Dear MS,I have heard that in Win 11 users cannot fully customize the desktop. More specifically, users are not permitted to move the taskbar. If I can't do this image, I will not move to Win 11. I have seen this as being a noted and repeated complaint on multiple forums. If...
  7. Taskbar Icons moving to the center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons moving to the center: Hi, I hope you are all well.Here is my problem, the people icon, and the hp support assistance were well aligned on my taskbar right icons. However, they recently isolated themselves and moved to the center, leaving a huge gap between themselves and the other icons on the...
  8. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  9. Taskbar icons won’t move

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar icons won’t move: I can't move icons in the browser and on the taskbar.I've to reboot PC to temporarily fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-wont-move/e39c98c9-3e5d-4497-b4f5-4c81230c7660
  10. Can't move icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move icons: When I try to move icons on my desktop, they usually snap back to their original positions. I can, however, move them into folders on the desktop. What's the fix? 99264