Windows 10: Issue with the Photos Screen Saver

Discus and support Issue with the Photos Screen Saver in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know for a fact that not too long ago, when I would select the Photos screen saver, I was given options to select from of how to have the pics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Driver8Rem, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Issue with the Photos Screen Saver

I know for a fact that not too long ago, when I would select the Photos screen saver, I was given options to select from of how to have the pics animate on the screen. You could have them dissolve, you could have them move slowly across the screen, you could select from a handful of other animation options. Now, the only 3 options appear to be to have them SWITCH to the next pic either, FAST, MEDIUM, or SLOWLY. Oh, yeah, let's not forget, you can also have them be SHUFFLED.BORINGWhat in the world ever happened to those animation options, like having photos swipe, and dissolve across the screen

:)

Driver8Rem, Nov 16, 2021
  2. Muyfa666 Win User

Win10 photos screen saver not working

Hi. Since a time back, my photos screen saver does not work anymore.

The preview works fine enough, but no screen saver ever starts after the time I set.

I have NUCi3BEH with Win10 Pro 20H2 with all drivers updated, all Store updates and all Windows updates.

I've tried some suggested fixes found by Google, but nothing helps.

It seems it's Windows screen savers in general that does not work, not only Photos.

Any suggestions please?

Muyfa666, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Screen Saver for use with my photos

I have a great screen saver that I have used for years - Firehand Screen Saver. Unfortunately now that I have come to install it on a new PC it won't recognise the ID and PW required. The guy who wrote and marketed it is no longer trading - the problem with one man businesses!

A remote hope - is anyone else using this screen saver (and its companion photo viewer Ember) and willing to pass on registration information
    or
    suggest a screen saver I can use with my photos. A search for free ones seems to just produce ones with built in images.

Sigurd, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Sheri-D Win User

Issue with the Photos Screen Saver

screen saver

Hello,

This is how to set photos as your screensaver:

Step 1: Open Settings app. Navigate to Personalization > Lock Screen.

Step 2: Scroll down the Lock Screen settings page to see Screensaver settings link. Click Screen Saver settings link to open the classic Screen Saver Settings dialog.

Step 3: From the list of screensavers available, choose Photos from the drop-down dialog.

Step 4: By default, Windows 10 uses photos saved in the Pictures folder for the screensaver. If you want to change this location, click the Settings button to open Photos Screen Saver Settings dialog.

Step 5: Click the Browse button, select a folder and then click Ok button. Click Apply.

Note: If there are sub-folders under the selected folder, photos in subfolders will be used for screen savers as well. This may help since you want all of your photos to rotate.

You can have as many pictures as you like rotating and if you want to change them, just select a different folder or add and remove as desired to the existing folder.

I hope this helps!

Sheri-D, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

Issue with the Photos Screen Saver

1. Issue with the Photos Screen Saver - Similar Threads - Issue Photos Screen

2. Issue with the Photos Screen Saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with the Photos Screen Saver: I know for a fact that not too long ago, when I would select the Photos screen saver, I was given options to select from of how to have the pics animate on the screen. You could have them dissolve, you could have them move slowly across the screen, you could select from a...
  3. Photo screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo screen saver: Why do I continue to receive MS screen-saver photos that I have already, time and time again, selected as not being a fan of, whereas photos that I really enjoyed and selected as such; I rarely see. Is this some sort of PSYOPS, algorithmic experiment?...
  4. Screen saver photo's locations

Screen saver photo's locations: Thank you for the beautiful images. I look forward to them, but how can I find out where the location of the photos on my windows 10 screen saver are taken from? Thank You Paul...
  5. Screen Saver Photos

Screen Saver Photos: I have thousands of family photos that I am finally using for my screen saver. My question: is there a way to see exactly what folder a photo is located or the file name of the photo that is being displayed? My problem is that a photo comes across my screen that I may want to...
  6. Screen Saver issue

Screen Saver issue: In screen saver options I have selected photos and I have selected a folder. But, when the screen saver starts other photos comes, which is not from the selected folder. That too, pictures from whatsapp from my phone. The whatsapp pictures are not current too. somehow a...
  7. Screen Saver photos

Screen Saver photos: In Windows 10, where are the Microsoft photos used in the screen saver stored? I want to pick a particular to be the permanent screen saver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-photos/28aef7fc-e8e1-4d78-9e25-e6c9aa264f9c
  8. Screen Saver Photos

Screen Saver Photos: Hi I love the screen saver photographs but not the uninspiring/uninspired questions/statements that were later added that now ruin my personal unadulterated experience of just the pure image itself. Is there any way to remove these links to the words and instead have a...
  9. screen saver issue

screen saver issue: I am running windows 10. my screen saver is set to show photos that i have in my photo library. it works great looks great but once it goes into screen saver mode it sticks there and nothing i do can keep it from running photo after photo. I did discover that if i hit...
  10. screen saver not working with photos

screen saver not working with photos: screen saver will work with default applications but not photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/screen-saver-not-working-with-photos/3de7bace-0b4a-4b0a-9fae-31d8f87cc0b1