Windows 10: Issue with unhidden AppData folder

Discus and support Issue with unhidden AppData folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I performed the below actions and after then a lot of software doesn't work properly in my computer. I first check the "show hidden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeddoG, Jan 14, 2021.

1. TeddoG Win User

Issue with unhidden AppData folder

Hello everyone.

I performed the below actions and after then a lot of software doesn't work properly in my computer.

I first check the "show hidden folders" button. After I checked the box, in order to make the AppData as a permanent unhidden folder.

Then it started to move some files. It asked for permission and I gave it.

Then I realized that was errors in using some software and then I made again the AppData folder hidden.

From then I m facing issues.

Can anyone help me out.

PS: I tried to restore at specific timepoint the system but it didn't work. In my mind the only solution is the factory reset.

Thank you in advance.

:)

TeddoG, Jan 14, 2021

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 14, 2021
  3. MBP613 Win User
    Accidentally Changing attributes on all User folders, sub-folders and files to unhidden

Thank you kindly Loraine. Would performing a system restore definitely reset the hidden / unhidden attributes of the various files under my User identity?

MBP613, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Issue with unhidden AppData folder

deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Issue with unhidden AppData folder

1. Issue with unhidden AppData folder - Similar Threads - Issue unhidden AppData

2. Duplicate unhidden folders showing in hidden folders also

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate unhidden folders showing in hidden folders also: The folders in file explorer Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures are saved to my desktop in a folder called Shortcuts. The properties in the General tab of each folder have the "hidden" box unchecked however in the "View" tab when I enable the hidden box the same folders...
  3. Duplicate unhidden folders showing in hidden folders also

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate unhidden folders showing in hidden folders also: The folders in file explorer Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures are saved to my desktop in a folder called Shortcuts. The properties in the General tab of each folder have the "hidden" box unchecked however in the "View" tab when I enable the hidden box the same folders...
  4. unhidden folders

unhidden folders: I have a problem with my unhidden folders when i try to unhide the folders that were hidden i dont see all the unhide folders they just have been lost or i dont know where they go it just write for me desktop and all of the folders that i hide has been lost or i dont know...
  5. unhidden folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unhidden folders: I have a problem with my unhidden folders when i try to unhide the folders that were hidden i dont see all the unhide folders they just have been lost or i dont know where they go it just write for me desktop and all of the folders that i hide has been lost or i dont know...
  6. unhidden folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  8. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  9. AppData Folder

10. Deleting Folders In AppData

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Folders In AppData: I asked this question in another subreddit already but I wanted some extra opinions just to be safe. So I uninstalled Zoom months ago because I didn’t want to use it on my laptop and I generally didn’t trust it. However, after looking through my laptops folders for other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unhiding appdata changed username