Windows 10: Issue with Update 1803

Discus and support Issue with Update 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I updated to the latest version of W10 Home to 1803 last night, while it was not easy at first, trying to update over the internet the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by King_DavidNY, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Issue with Update 1803

Hello,

I updated to the latest version of W10 Home to 1803 last night, while it was not easy at first, trying to update over the internet the update failed twice. So, I then used the Media Creation Tool to update Windows, which worked flawlessly. Now, I'm running into another issue..

Upon booting up my PC, I get pass the BIOS and to the Windows logo, and that's where it hangs. I do not get the loading circle or anything, I have to do a hard shutdown. Upon booting back up, Windows attempts to repair my PC, only that it fails and cannot do so. So, it then gives me options to choose either to Shutdown, use a USB/ISO, or from the hard drive. Strangely enough, I told it to look/boot from the hard drive and everything booted fine.

Is Windows or my PC looking at an area where the OS is not installed or something? Or is this an issue with Windows? Or, as I fear, is it an issue with my motherboard? I bring up my motherboard because my PC doesn't like to shutdown, most of the time I have to do it the hard way. I contacted my manufacturer about it and I was told it's an issue with the motherboard.

Thanks for any help and advice in advance.

My PC specs:

ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme Mobo

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz

32GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

4TH mechanical HDD

:)

King_DavidNY, Sep 9, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 9, 2018
  3. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Issue with Update 1803

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Issue with Update 1803

1. Issue with Update 1803 - Similar Threads - Issue Update 1803

2. issue updating from 1803 to1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    issue updating from 1803 to1909: hey I recently purchased my hp 15 series laptop second hand and the previous owner had reset windows in an attempt to clean his info out and ive noticed some things like file paths still have his name attached and it has been updating with no Issues until today when it has...
  3. 1803 Update

1803 Update: How do I do the 1803Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-update/5cbb514f-d6ab-416b-9f92-3c07b64c56b9
  4. WINDOWS update issue 1803

WINDOWS update issue 1803: Dear sir, I am facing too much problem regarding windows update past 3 months. only this comes after installing the update for each time. "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code:...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update (1803) Issue

Windows 10 Feature Update (1803) Issue: Hello, My office used about 800 Windows 10 professional Version OEM licenses for Dell Brand PC & Laptops. We are facing trouble a lot after getting Windows Feature Update(1803) automatically from internet. 1803 upgraded pc's doesn't run mozilla firefox and some time chrome...
  6. Windows 10 1803 update wifi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1803 update wifi issues: ever since the windows update on june 8th, I cannot stay connected to my wifi or see my network in the available networks. I've tried everything as well, uninstall the wifi adapter, update/uninstall the driver, changed the power settings on the wifi adapter. I even swiped my...
  7. 1803 update issues, BSOD, crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1803 update issues, BSOD, crashes: I am having major issues since update. Bluescreens, crashes etc. cannot use most programs on my computer for more than 20min. I looked into the log, and it is writting multiple errors and warnings every second! I did not have one error since i built my pc over a year ago....
  8. Issues with Windows 10 1803 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with Windows 10 1803 update: On Friday afternoon, after I rebooted my computer once again because of the memory leak I talked about in my very first thread, I discovered my computer was downloading updates. It turned out to be another feature update, which filled me with dread after the bad experience...
  9. fullscreen issues Win10 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    fullscreen issues Win10 1803 update: Hi guys, Since i installed update for the win10 build 1803 i cant watch video's in fullscreen. I mean, i can watch them, but as soon as i move the mouse my entire sreen turns back, and i have to put my laptop to sleep, or restart. I figured t has to do something with the...
  10. Update 1803 MS Edge issue

in Browsers and Email
    Update 1803 MS Edge issue: I updated to 1803 and the "show only icons on the favourites bar" option has gone. Anyone know how to get this back please or indeed if it is possible? Thanks 109551

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1803 booting issues