Windows 10: Issue with updating to 2004

Discus and support Issue with updating to 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following up from yesterday, I uninstalled Norton and I tried to reupdate, this time there is an error with a different file, aksdf.sys, yesterday it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aritrajana, May 22, 2020.

1. Issue with updating to 2004

Following up from yesterday, I uninstalled Norton and I tried to reupdate, this time there is an error with a different file, aksdf.sys, yesterday it was aksfridge.sys, what should I do?

:)

aritrajana, May 22, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 22, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 22, 2020
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Issue with updating to 2004

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Issue with updating to 2004

1. Issue with updating to 2004 - Similar Threads - Issue updating 2004

2. Windows Update 2004 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 2004 issues: I have tried to update the 2004 windows update build 5X and each time it stalls at 48%. Have tried numerous methods to download and install. Fails each and every time. Still have 1909 and can't get past it. Is there an easier solution to do the update than what I've seen...
  3. Issues when updating to Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues when updating to Feature Update 2004: Hey guys! So, I own a Toshiba C55-B5356 with integrated Intel HD 4400 Graphics. The issue is that when I updated to the feature update, it gave me the newest drivers, which absolutely destroyed any gaming performance and gave me common graphical glitches and issues. I...
  4. Printing issues after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing issues after updating to 2004: Hello, After the 2004 update, when I print an email, that would have printed on one page, it now prints on 4 pages with the first page looking like a title page with the sent from and subject line, the body of the email prints on the following pages, and the last page is...
  5. windows 2004 update issue

windows 2004 update issue: Hi, i just updated my laptop to Windows 2004. I noticed that the Rotation Lock option is not working. I am also sharing a screenshot of the same. I am using HP X360 pavilion Laptop. Kindly help. [ATTACH]...
  6. 2004 Update Issues

2004 Update Issues: It might be the update. Laptop has stated running off battery when plugged in. It only charges when turned off. Will roll back the updates. submitted by /u/kaluna99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i937ai/2004_update_issues/
  7. Issues with Updating to Windows 2004

Issues with Updating to Windows 2004: I currently own an Asus FX505DU Gaming Laptop. I am trying to update to Windows 2004 and 20H2 provided by the Windows Insider Program. However, when I try to install both updates, the end result is always: Installing - 35% Then it pulls up the windows updater and tells...
  8. Windows 2004 update issues

Windows 2004 update issues: I have recently upgraded my PC and Laptop to the new windows 10 2004 feature update. The PC works fine its a brand new machine. The laptop is a 2 year old Dell running an SSD and mechanical disk drive. The laptop now has a pop up saying Intel Optane DLL link missing and I...
  9. 2004 update Start menu issue

2004 update Start menu issue: Since updating to ver 2004, my start menu crashes when i select anything other then the pinned shortcuts. I have also noticed that the Win+v clipboard history tool no longer works, as well as the ablity to hit the Win key and start typing to search for something, it only...
  10. Windows update 2004 issue

in Cortana
    Windows update 2004 issue: I recently updated windows and now cortana will not open. I see the white box open and then close again a second later. I have tried scanning windows files but it says unable to repair cortana in the log. I have tries the powershell fix also but after spending the whole day...