Windows 10: issue with using Grave Accent to change input language

Discus and support issue with using Grave Accent to change input language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I have been using US and Thai Keyboard and using grave accent to switch between those input languages.However, I have recently noticed that after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chao1989, May 1, 2021.

1. Chao1989 Win User

issue with using Grave Accent to change input language

Hi,I have been using US and Thai Keyboard and using grave accent to switch between those input languages.However, I have recently noticed that after I press grave accent to switch, the next first character that I type will be wrong.I will see one of these characters ` , ~ instead.For example,Hello World >> ~Hello World hello world >> `ello worldI have reinstalled language packs, but the issue is still on.Please help suggest!Thanks

:)

Chao1989, May 1, 2021
  2. samara.n Win User

The first character always inputs a ` (grave accent) after switching language to English.

I have two languages installed: English and Thai, with the switch-language key set to Grave Accent.

The Grave Accent key switches language for me just fine, except, after switching language, the first character in the latter language -no matter what key I pressed- always inputs as the Grave Accent key. For example, typing [grave accent]youtube will give me
    `outube, and typing [graveaccent] าษา will give me _าษา.)

This happens everywhere regardless of the program I'm using, MSWord, Notepad, Chrome's address bar, etc.

It's very troublesome when I need to type long report and switching between languages has become a big typo hazard. I've set the switch-language key to Ctrl+Shift for the time being, but I need to know how to fix this.

Thank you in advance.

samara.n, May 1, 2021
  3. KonGz Win User
    Grave accent won't switch language while typing

Hi I am on a newly bought PC using windows 10 home with Thai and English languages.

With my previous other-PC experience, I could press the grave accent to switch language on the go while I am typing rapidly and it won't care whether I am typing or not, it would just change the language right away once I press the "grave accent."

Now with this new PC while a button is being pressed, your grave accent command will be completely ignored. I have to stop touching a key before I can press it to switch language. This makes it extremely uncomfortable and confusing.

I wonder if there is a tweak I can do to use the "grave accent" to switch language regardless what other key I am pressing.

KonGz, May 1, 2021
  4. issue with using Grave Accent to change input language

How to fix error when press Grave Accent for change language?

Many people in Thailand use Grave Accent to Switch Input Language, we got many error on Windows 10 + Microsoft Product (Office, Visual Studio, etc), how I fix this?

Thank you.

SutthipongJantarang, May 1, 2021
Thema:

issue with using Grave Accent to change input language

1. issue with using Grave Accent to change input language - Similar Threads - issue using Grave

2. Language switching key sequence keep switching back to grave accent button for some reasons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language switching key sequence keep switching back to grave accent button for some reasons.: I'm using Windows 11 laptop From my organization. I changed the key sequence that can switching keyboard language from Grave Accent to Ctrl + Shift, but for some reasons, it automatically changed back to Grave Accent after a while, like 5 minutes or so, both when I was on a...
  3. Output Accent Grave directly (without letters)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Output Accent Grave directly (without letters)?: Howdy, folks, currently i'm trying to get the accent grave "`" on my german keyboard directly while typing. That is, I don't want to have the accent on a letter, nor do I want to click twice on the keyboard, but I want it to be accepted directly. In short: I don't want...
  4. Windows 10 *'* accent grave hotkey removal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 *'* accent grave hotkey removal: Hello everyone, I recently did a fresh re-install of Windows 10 on an older Dell laptop, and I am hitting a strange situation. When I type letters on Microsoft Word, and use the french "accent grave" (ie: à, è, ù), instead of adding the letter with the accent grave, it pastes...
  5. Problem With the Grave Accent Key.

Problem With the Grave Accent Key.: My grave symbol key doesn't work until I press and hold it. Then it ends up spamming the grave key. I have no idea why the key doesn't simply act like a normal key. I have had this issue with grave symbol key for the last 3 updates on Windows10. I have tried the following: -...
  6. How to remap grave accent to acute accent

How to remap grave accent to acute accent: I still don't know how to do this, even after trying various softwares on the web. I need specifically to reassign the ´ (acute ) to the ` (grave) key in a USA keyboard. In all programs, I can find easily the grave, but they don't show the acute as an option. On...
  7. Issues with input language.

in Cortana
    Issues with input language.: i get some error at word key-in and language: 1. I can't type anything at cortana,settings and sign-in to account app 2. i already have install a language pack (chinese) but it now cannot work,so i can't change to chinese language input[ATTACH] ***Modified title from:...
  8. change input language

change input language: Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic language on display has been changed to Japanese successfully. However, I still have a difficulty in typing in Japanese. The...
  9. Language input issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Language input issues: This is Franz Huang Because I updated my company laptop of OS system to Win 10 ver. 1809, then I can not type any traditional Chinese word, if I want to switch Chinese Traditional input, the message would indicate "Chinese IME is not ready yet" I tried several ways to...
  10. Grave accent won't switch language while typing

Grave accent won't switch language while typing: Hi I am on a newly bought PC using windows 10 home with Thai and English languages. With my previous other-PC experience, I could press the grave accent to switch language on the go while I am typing rapidly and it won't care whether I am typing or not, it would just change...