Windows 10: Issue with various apps and features/ freezing

Discus and support Issue with various apps and features/ freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...OK, I'm not real tech savay so bear with me while I try to explain this issue. I have an issue on both my HP laptops that is just ripping my hair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jjmonroe8, Jan 5, 2017.

1. jjmonroe8 Win User

Issue with various apps and features/ freezing

...OK, I'm not real tech savay so bear with me while I try to explain this issue.
    I have an issue on both my HP laptops that is just ripping my hair out. One laptop is New and worked for 2 weeks (with wifi connection issues) and the other is my previous laptop which worked perfect until I started re-using it when my new one crashed. OK now the issue.
    ...First thing I notice is opening Microsoft edge and it is reset as if I've never used it before. It won't let my bring my favorites back over from explorer or type in any of the search bars.
    ...Second, I can use Explorer except videos won't play. YouTube, Yahoo, Ebay (that I've found) go unresponsive, yet other sites load fine.
    ...Third, my icon for my Ethernet connection disappeared and won't come back even after restarts though I am still connected and can use my explorer under the limitations that I listed above.
    ...Forth, Windows defender freezes when I try to turn it back on and I run Malwarebytes and there are no threats.
    ...I can't update windows or wipe it and start over (just freezes.)

Now this is on 2 separate computers which one is 3 years old and NEVER had an issue with it till I had an issue with my new one and switched back. Anyone with any insight on this would REALLY be appreciated. I can give more details as asked, but that's all I got off the top of my head. Thank you

:)

jjmonroe8, Jan 5, 2017
  2. Alden Rey Win User

Various apps are freezing: Chrome, Office 365,

Hi Joseph,

For us to narrow it down and provide you the proper resolution, may we ask if you made any changes to your device prior to the concern?

What's the version of your Windows 10? to check, simply type in Cortana winver (Version *** OS Build *****.**)

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 5, 2017
  3. Various apps are freezing: Chrome, Office 365,

When I hit Control-Alt-Delete, I noticed that I have two rundll32 which are using ~268 MB of memory each... I am wondering if this app is causing the problem...

This has been an intermittent problem ever since I purchased my Surface about 18 months ago. It appears that the combination of New Surface with windows 10 + One Drive is a serious problem. The internet is full of complaints about this...

Recently for about one month, this problem was not causing too much of an issue; however, recently there was a Windows update and now it's back again as bad as ever....

This has caused me so much pain and frustration... I am very close to giving up on MS and going for an Apple.

Please help!

I know next to nothing on how to fix such an issue.

Now I am having difficulty finishing submitting this problem because the drop down menus below are not working...

JosephAbys, Jan 5, 2017
  4. telepro21 Win User

Hello jjmonroe8,

I have read through your description. Interesting situation to say the least.
    What other computers are on your network?
    I suspect that you may have an infection that has spread to the computers that have been attached/attaching to your network. Now I could be wrong about this but two separate computers with the same problem...after being connected to the same network?...hmm...seems to point in the direction of network compromise and your network seems the only common denominator.

telepro21, Jan 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Issue with various apps and features/ freezing - Similar Threads - Issue various apps

2. Computer having various issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer having various issues: Ok, so this has been an ongoing issue, and I'm not sure what is happening.So, there have been at least 3 times now when booting up the computer that it gets to the HP logo on bootup, which takes like a second to get to, and then it hangs there. No loading symbols or anything,...
  3. Various issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Various issues: I'm having several issues out of my computer on the Win 10 Home 64 bit version. On startup, frequently none of the shortcuts for the apps I keep on my taskbar will pull up, start menu will not pull up, anything pertaining to Windows or Microsoft will not pull up, I.E. Apps,...
  4. Computer freezes at various places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes at various places: Earlier today, I restarted my computer to install a windows update. Everything was working fine. Later, my computer said it had to restart to install updates for McAfee livesafe so I restarted. After this, my computer stopped working, I was able to log in and start google...
  5. Windows 10 V 2004 issues with TPM and various apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 V 2004 issues with TPM and various apps: I have been trying various options for over 2 days to get a clean install of Win10-V2004 to work properly and it is getting a bit tedious. The previous Windows Ver 1909 ran fine on the same board. In testing the latest Windows V2004, a clean install seemed at first to be...
  6. Various Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various Issues: Hello, I am having quite a bit of trouble with various things and I am not too sure how to proceed. An overview of my situation: - Unable to check for updates within the settings app. I am given an error code when I try to check 0x80080005. - When I click on "Advanced...
  7. Windows 10 Various Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Various Issues: Please help! I'm currently having lots of different issues with Windows 10 and I'll list them all in case there is some kind of correlation and too give as much information as possible. I'm unable to update Windows and I get these errors: 0xca00a000, 0x80073712 When I try...
  8. Windows Various Features Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Various Features Not Working: After attempting to move a bunch of files I have run into a problem whereby attempting to open File explorer causes the taskbar icons to dissappear and then reload after a short time, File explorer can only be opened via the trash bin as of now. Additionally right clicking on...
  9. Freezing of various programmes on Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezing of various programmes on Laptop: Hi, Had been having various problems with laptop which resulted in me using my recovery USB. I have a Acer Aspire 3 with Windows 10. Once the recovery was complete the laptop has had the same issues it had been having prior to the recovery. These were: Cortana Freezing...
  10. Various BSODs, Crashes and Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSODs, Crashes and Freezes: Hello. Ive been experiencing a number of different crashes, freezes and BSOD's and im not entirely sure of the cause. Examples of BSODs ive encountered: Interrupt_Exception_Not_Handled, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area, Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled,...