Windows 10: Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket

Discus and support Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just purchased online from MS, Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. Got the confirmation email that included the product key. I downloaded the MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ForestRiek, May 3, 2020.

1. Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket

I just purchased online from MS, Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. Got the confirmation email that included the product key. I downloaded the MS creation tool to create a install USB stick and I also created a DVD. When I went to install Windows 10 on a new clean SSD at the point it asked me for the key, I inputted it but then got an error message that the key didn't work. I continued with the installation without the key. I went to active the Windows 10 post installation and again getting an error message the key didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)

ForestRiek, May 3, 2020

2. how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation

I've done a couple of clean installs, both with the MCT ISO and my Visual Studio Subscription ISO, Windows 10 Pro Workstation was not listed as an option. Pro and Pro N were listed but no Workstation. On one of my Pro installs I did a change product key, entered one of my MSDN Pro Workstation Keys and it switched to Pro Workstation and activated with a Digital License. I have no idea how you clean install it though?

alphanumeric, May 3, 2020
  3. Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

It's just listed the once as Windows 10 Professional for Workstations on my Visual Studio Windows 10 Business ISO. And I only have the one set of Product Codes for Pro for Workstations. I've run it, can't remeber if I've even clean installed it though?
    Windows 10 (business edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)

For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will also activate the VL multi-edition media.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: D302D2E752C01E53996AE292A8DD4CDF49916BAD
    File name: en_windows_10_business_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_37051f54.iso

Windows 10 (consumer edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Consumer media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

From the desktop, select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Activation. Select Change product key and enter your product key. If the key is valid, you'll be asked to confirm the edition change, and Windows then performs it for you.

Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate the edition. BothWindows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will activate Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer media.

This multi-edition Consumer media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 Home N
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Core Single Language
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: 0208398915C08FE03F6C63FAEA9DCC9BBBD00532
    File name: en_windows_10_consumer_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_69339216.iso

alphanumeric, May 3, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket

MEGA satisfied --swapped W10 Pro for W10 Workstation

Hi there
    even on an INTEL Core i5 6200U CPU HP laptop (dual core) I'm mega pleased I got from work a W10 Workstation license which replaced my W10 Pro system -- the performance on even this basic laptop is much better than W10 Pro (and no bloat !!) -- I'd even say it's possibly giving the Linux system when run on the same machine a run for its money.

I think Ms should push this W10 Workstation edition far more -- Brilliant.

Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket [​IMG]

Now to add display language etc and I'm good to go with it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket

1. Issue with W10 Pro for Workstation Product Ket - Similar Threads - Issue W10 Pro

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  4. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  5. Vmware Workstation and W10

Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  6. Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Activation issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Activation issue: I had to replace the motherboard on my PC. prior to the change I was running Window for workstation purchase via Windows App store. I was asked to activate this once the new motherboard so I put in the key i have use from Windows 8 DVD The computer has only activated...
  7. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Audio Issue: Under Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 2004, when I play audio, via Windows Media Player, Firefox web browser, Adobe Premier Pro CC and Adobe Audition CC, I hear a small "pop" when the audio starts and a louder "pop" when the audio stops. I can hear these “pops”...
  8. MEGA satisfied --swapped W10 Pro for W10 Workstation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MEGA satisfied --swapped W10 Pro for W10 Workstation: Hi there even on an INTEL Core i5 6200U CPU HP laptop (dual core) I'm mega pleased I got from work a W10 Workstation license which replaced my W10 Pro system -- the performance on even this basic laptop is much better than W10 Pro (and no bloat !!) -- I'd even say it's...
  9. Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows

Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help�� Hey Guys, on you windows defender settings, under "ransomware...
  10. W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet: Hi folks Just wondering if anybody on these Forums is usimg Windows 10 Workstation Pro yet and if so what's the difference between that and standard W10 Pro or W10 Enterprise. Cheers jimbo 116495