Windows 10: Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

Discus and support Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I have recently switched to Win 10 Mail, once you understand how it works it is not too bad, but it is a steep learning curve if you are used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveCastle0106, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

Hi all,

I have recently switched to Win 10 Mail, once you understand how it works it is not too bad, but it is a steep learning curve if you are used to Windows Live Mail. I had two Microsoft Mail accounts, Live.com and Outlook.com, both with different contact lists. To clean things up, I exported both lists to a csv file, then combined them and manually removed duplicates. I then closed down the Live.com account, leaving only the Outlook.com account.

I then removed all contacts from the People app and imported the csv file I had just created. All good at this point.

Now for the problem. A friend of mine passed away, so I no longer need his email address. I removed it from the People app and verified it was indeed gone. However, when I compose an email and enter his first initial, his name comes up in the drop down list from the to field. If I select the people icon on the right of the new email, I am taken to the People app and his name is not there. It is only visible when I enter his initial in the to field.

Why?

I only have one email account that has a an address book, that is the Outlook.com one, and I have deleted any email that his name appears in.

His ghost must have infected my machine!

Regards,

Steve

:)

SteveCastle0106, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 11, 2019
  3. dscanlon Win User
    Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

1. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App - Similar Threads - Issue Mail App

2. Mail App, People App and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App, People App and Calendar App: I posted this question in the mail section; maybe the wrong section as I got 0 replies; sorry for that. I am using Mail App, People App and Calendar App on my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 20H2 OS. In Mail I have 3 accounts: an Outlook.com account, an iCloud.com account and...
  3. Win 10 Mail Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail Issues: Tried to do this once before but had a similar time during the process. New install of Win 10 on a New SSD drive (good time for a complete refresh. Also added more memory to this aging laptop. Win 10 is up to date and I have a fully operational Win 10 Desktop to refer to....
  4. Win 10 Mail App setup/configuration issue

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail App setup/configuration issue: Win 10 x64 V1903 b18362.1082 + upgrade to .2004 (Background: Windows Live Mail got corrupted by the recent 2004 upgrade since fixed with help of this board). As an option though, I looked at using the Win 10 Mail App instead and thats what my question is about. I...
  5. contacts from people are not showing up in win 10 mail app

contacts from people are not showing up in win 10 mail app: I have imported a .csv contact file to people online and linked it logged in to my win 10 mail app but the contacts are not showing up in my list....
  6. Issues syncing Win 10 People app with iCloud

Issues syncing Win 10 People app with iCloud: I have successfully added my iCloud account to the People app using an app-specific password and it claims to be syncing OK...however there are simply no contacts appearing in the People App at all! In the account sync setting I have enabled Contacts and Calendar syncs and my...
  7. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  8. People app in Windows 10 Mail

People app in Windows 10 Mail: People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information. For example, a 2nd phone number can't be added to the record. Nor can I add an address if there wasn't one there before. The...
  9. Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!: I've struggled all day with this one and cannot solve it! I have a CSV of my contacts on Win 7 Windows Live Mail. All I need to do is to import the CSV file into the People app on my new laptop but it doesn't seem possible . Surely I haven't got to re enter every contact? Any...
  10. Issue with People app

Issue with People app: I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app. When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good....