Windows 10: Issue with Windows 10 1909 update - System Service Exception when updating

Discus and support Issue with Windows 10 1909 update - System Service Exception when updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I had disabled my windows updates since February 2019 and recently allowed the service to update, everything went great, except whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Princepia, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Princepia Win User

Issue with Windows 10 1909 update - System Service Exception when updating

Hello!

I had disabled my windows updates since February 2019 and recently allowed the service to update, everything went great, except whenever windows update attempts to update to version 1909 -- I receive a "blue screen of death" system service exception, everytime it tries to update.

I've run a sfc /scannow, I've run the windows update troubleshooter -- I'm not sure what else to do. Can anyone please advise?

:)

Princepia, Dec 9, 2019
  2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Dec 9, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 9, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue with Windows 10 1909 update - System Service Exception when updating - Similar Threads - Issue 1909 update

2. System Service Exception in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Service Exception in Windows 10: So whenever I start my laptop, it suddenly came the BIOS the stop code was 'SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION'. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-service-exception-in-windows-10/4b2f5cf9-5808-4b41-a785-6687521c2d5e
  3. System Service Exception - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Service Exception - Windows 10: Hi,I am getting BSOD every day. I have reinstalled the Operating System. Please suggest. How can I generate the logs and share with you.Thanks,Anish Raut...
  4. Can't update windows 10 because of BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't update windows 10 because of BSOD System Service Exception: Hi, My computer is fairly new, and it recently started to BSOD randomly, at first I thought it was due to a game I was playing but I find that it BSODS even when I'm on idle and sometimes immediately upon startup. I have tried to update windows, since there's a notification...
  5. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION while updating windows 10

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION while updating windows 10: happened again and again so I decided to stop updating. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. If you need any details just list them down and I'll try to gather and send them here. Thank you in advance....
  6. system service exception - windows 10

system service exception - windows 10: Hi! I have Windows 10 running on Dell laptop. Because I have sensitive data on it, it is encrypted using BitLocker. Today it had for uncertain reason restarted. Since I get BSoD "system service exception", but on completion of attempted recovery, it reboots again. Looped...
  7. System Service Exception - Windows 10

System Service Exception - Windows 10: Hello, this morning I had a blue screen with the stop code System_Service_Exception. I have no idea why I got the blue screen. I can't read anything from the event display. My system: Mainboard: Gigabyte M320M-H CPU / Graphics: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics...
  8. Windows 10 Update - System Service Exception

Windows 10 Update - System Service Exception: I updated my Windows, then system now continually crashes with may different error messages. Such as - System Service Exception - Driver verified detected violation - Netio.sys I have the dumpfiles, but do not know how to interpret them. Can someone please urgently...
  9. Windows feature update 1909 and system service exception

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows feature update 1909 and system service exception: Hello, When i update my windows 10 ,feature update 1909 ,Its downloading and getting ready to install state upto 95%. After 95% am getting a blue screen displaying system service exception. So am unable to update that feature update1909. Could you please provide solution for...
  10. Stop Code: System Service Exception, Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Code: System Service Exception, Updating Windows 10: Hi, I've been getting the blue screen Stop Code: System Service Exception whenever I try to update Windows 10 to 1909. When I click Check for Updates, I receive the error code 0x80080005. If I try viewing update history or Advanced options, the settings window freezes. I had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1909 system service exception WUDFRd.sys