Windows 10: Issue with Windows 10 Mail App following re-install

Discus and support Issue with Windows 10 Mail App following re-install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several email accounts configured on the Mail App in Windows 10. However, I uninstalled the Mail App on my Windows 10 PC as the App had become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nancy2019, Sep 29, 2019.

1. nancy2019 Win User

Issue with Windows 10 Mail App following re-install

I have several email accounts configured on the Mail App in Windows 10. However, I uninstalled the Mail App on my Windows 10 PC as the App had become extremely slow and I then re-installed it from the Microsoft Store.

But now when I launch the App, a list of messages that I had downloaded for the last account that I had accessed appears on the left half on the screen and, alongside on the right, a beautiful image of a mountain scene somewhere!

Then, when I select a downloaded message and click on it, it opens alongside but not in a separate window. To access downloaded emails of another account, one has to click an all accounts icon on the far left and choose another account. That I find most frustrating.

Previously, when I used to launch the Mail App, the email addresses of all the configured accounts would be reflected on the left of the screen and then selecting an email address from the list would display all the downloaded messages for that account on the right. And then selecting a downloaded message and clicking on it would open the message in a separate window. That I liked.

Why is the Mail App no longer doing that? What do I need to do to make the Mail App work as before? Would someone please advise?

:)

nancy2019, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Issue with Windows 10 Mail App following re-install :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mel Tar, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue with Windows 10 Mail App following re-install - Similar Threads - Issue Mail App

2. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installation of Windows 10 issue: Hello, I was previously using windows 11 and ran into a boot up problem which gave me a blue screen on start up with the error code 0xc000000e. I then installed windows 10 using an external hard disk. I followed the steps of the setup from choosing your region and setting up...
  3. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installation of Windows 10 issue: Hello, I was previously using windows 11 and ran into a boot up problem which gave me a blue screen on start up with the error code 0xc000000e. I then installed windows 10 using an external hard disk. I followed the steps of the setup from choosing your region and setting up...
  4. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Re-installing Windows 10 Mail not working?!

Re-installing Windows 10 Mail not working?!: My Windows 10 Mail app is not working anymore. It even does not start up. Removing it within the Configuration Menu is not working. Also "Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* Remove-AppxPackage" hangs and only displays "Deployment operation progress:...
  6. Windows 10 mail app issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app issue: I use Windows 10 mail app. When I type in the first letter of a respondent name in People, nothing happens until I type it in for the second time and then click on backspace for name to come up. Why?!...
  7. Re-installing Windows 10 (following special offer instalation)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-installing Windows 10 (following special offer instalation): Is this information (from 2015) regarding reinstalling Windows 10 (which had firstly been installed as free offer) still correct in March 2019, please? Thank you....
  8. Windows 10 Mail App issues

Windows 10 Mail App issues: Hello... I just had my computer repaired. The hard drive was replaced w/a Solid state drive. This lead to having to reinstall WinX. Now, when I try to set up the mail app, I'm unable to get my Hotmail or Outlook emails. I'm only able to see my Google emails. However, when I...
  9. Windows 10 Mail App Issue

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App Issue: My Microsoft Account is using an @Outlook.com (Outlook) address. However, the mail app is always connecting an @Live.com (Exchange) address. When I change my account to a local account, I am able to remove the @Live.com (Exchange) account, and add my @Outlook.com (Outlook)...
  10. Admin Problems + numerous issues following re-install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Problems + numerous issues following re-install of Windows 10: Hi, I just re-installed Windows 10 using the built in Reset option as I wanted to clear my hard drive and start fresh. I have been having some strange problems since this re-install. First, every time I turn on my computer and sign in to my account, I get a message...