Windows 10: Issue with Windows 10 RDP

Discus and support Issue with Windows 10 RDP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When a slight drop happens for users they don't get a reconnect message. It freezes up. This happens when users are using RDP from a Windows 10 machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shaun Peterson, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Issue with Windows 10 RDP

When a slight drop happens for users they don't get a reconnect message. It freezes up. This happens when users are using RDP from a Windows 10 machine into an RDS. We have never seen the issue with Windows 7. Please advise on how to fix as this seems to be a bug.

:)

Shaun Peterson, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Issue with Windows 10 RDP

RDP

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?

Initially when we received the problem there wasn't any changes made on the computer since we couldn't figure out the problem, we upgraded the pc to windows 10. It fixed the problem momentarily and then it starts again. Then we re initiated the upgrade the
      same day I wrote this post and it was fixed again and then on today the issue is back
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the past we would delete the MS Licensing Protocol folder as suggested by so many other posts and restart the RDP connection ad administrator to rebuild it. This time around it didn't fix anything. Like I said previously we've tried to upgrade the PC and
      the fix is temporal
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem? No
    • When did you notice about this issue? I'm not sure when it started because I haven't been on this project that long but I would say within the last month based on me. Based on other conversations this has happened in the past.
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Sure
      Issue with Windows 10 RDP d7470294-b2af-4c9c-aa56-a971016a58bf.jpg

NikkiGarcia02, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Issue with Windows 10 RDP

1. Issue with Windows 10 RDP - Similar Threads - Issue RDP

2. Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues: Hello!Since I've upgraded the GPU from GF 1660Ti to MSI 7900XTX I've seen that now there's some graphics issues when I'm trying to use the Windows Sandbox on my PC, or trying to remote connect for example, local RDP to my PC from the other device - smartphone, tablet, etc.....
  3. Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox / RDP Distorted Graphics Issues: Hello!Since I've upgraded the GPU from GF 1660Ti to MSI 7900XTX I've seen that now there's some graphics issues when I'm trying to use the Windows Sandbox on my PC, or trying to remote connect for example, local RDP to my PC from the other device - smartphone, tablet, etc.....
  4. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10: Mac OS 14Windows 10 22h2RDP 10.9.6 & RDP 10.9.7 BetaThis issue only exists when I use my MacBook Air - Remoting into a windows 10 desktop. I will print something FROM the windows desktop onto a local printer where the Mac is. I’m trying to print forms in landscape orientation...
  5. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10: Mac OS 14Windows 10 22h2RDP 10.9.6 & RDP 10.9.7 BetaThis issue only exists when I use my MacBook Air - Remoting into a windows 10 desktop. I will print something FROM the windows desktop onto a local printer where the Mac is. I’m trying to print forms in landscape orientation...
  6. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues: I have been using RDP to connect to my work laptop for years. It has been working fine until an update a few months ago. Now I'm experiencing a weird issue which I will describe below.I have a customized RDP file with the following setting. That allows me to use only 3 of the...
  8. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues: I have been using RDP to connect to my work laptop for years. It has been working fine until an update a few months ago. Now I'm experiencing a weird issue which I will describe below.I have a customized RDP file with the following setting. That allows me to use only 3 of the...
  9. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. RDP Connection issue in Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Connection issue in Windows11: Dear Team,Windows 11 pc is trying to connect to a Server 2019 via RDP, the primary error was " an internal error occurred". After changing the registry and local security settings, a new error is showing "An authentication error has occurred. The specified data could not be...