Windows 10: Issue with windows 10 settings not launching

Discus and support Issue with windows 10 settings not launching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I try to launch windows settings it crashes. I've tried a few different fixes such as windows troubleshooting. using Run also doesn't work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by torak289, Dec 2, 2020.

1. torak289 Win User

Issue with windows 10 settings not launching

Whenever I try to launch windows settings it crashes. I've tried a few different fixes such as windows troubleshooting. using Run also doesn't work and provides this error:

Issue with windows 10 settings not launching 080ad9cb-959e-4efd-a927-cafb6a775eeb?upload=true.png

Any help would be a appreciated!

:)

torak289, Dec 2, 2020

2. Settings won't launch

Hello Jen,

If you're having issue launching Settings from Start menu, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps posted by Rohit Siddegowda in this
    thread. Lots of Community user found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Issue with windows 10 settings not launching

can't launch setting on windows 10.

Hi Piotrek58,

There could be a number of factors as to why you can't launch the Settings app in Windows 10. This could be caused by corrupted system files, software conflict, or due to a corrupted user account.

I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify the changes made to the computer prior to the issue. Are you getting any error message when trying to launch the Settings app?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

For your reference, you can check this link.

Check if you will encounter the same issue on the new user profile.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Issue with windows 10 settings not launching

1. Issue with windows 10 settings not launching - Similar Threads - Issue settings launching

2. Settings will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings will not launch: Helloo, the pictogram Serrings will not launch in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-will-not-launch/1b3d1e81-cd32-4726-8e1b-a445c32cfe5f
  3. windows 10 settings wont launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 settings wont launch: I can't open settings in windows 10 nor can I set up another account. How do I add another user account? Nothing happens when I click on the add user tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-wont-launch/e747d3b3-770f-46ca-98f3-4c042ada21b9
  4. Settings Launch Fails in Windows 10

Settings Launch Fails in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 version 10.0.17134 Build 17134. Today after encountering a problem that seemed to impact my computers boot process (took over 15 minutes to log in and would not accept my PIN), I am no longer able to access the settings app. I have not found any...
  5. Settings will not launch. Windows 10.

Settings will not launch. Windows 10.: Following my last update of Windows 10, I can no longer launch Settings. The app appears for about a second, as if it's in process of opening, and then it just disappears. I see that others have had this issue back in 2015 and 2016 and various fixes were suggested. I've...
  6. Issue with SystemGuard Launch setting in Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 News
    Issue with SystemGuard Launch setting in Windows 10 v1809: Customers that deployed Microsoft’s security baseline for Windows 10 v1809 and Windows Server 2019 on systems with UEFI secure boot enabled might experience device boot failures. The Device Guard GPO setting to enable Virtualization Based Security in the Windows security...
  7. settings don't launch, or launches the Store instead in Windows 10

settings don't launch, or launches the Store instead in Windows 10: I'm trying to get assistance with getting my settings to launch for more than 5 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-dont-launch-or-launches-the-store-instead/27a71956-c9a0-454d-bd20-33a066797f8f
  8. Settings won't launch in Windows 10

Settings won't launch in Windows 10: Everytime I open Settings in Windows 10 it closes up immediately before I can make any adjustments (does not matter if I reboot). I reloaded a "Settings" from a response to another questions labelled "Settings won't launch or Microsoft Store opens" but I can't find it now....
  9. windows 10 setting not launching

windows 10 setting not launching: windows 10 setting not launching https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-setting-not-launching/91d47773-2826-41fd-9335-dc736608a01f
  10. Windows 10, taskbar launching issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, taskbar launching issues.: Hey there, here, I have been having a problem with the new Windows10 Taskbar, I pinned chrome to there, but the problem is that whenever I click on it, it doesn't open, so what I have to do in order to get it to open up, is right click it, then choosing one of my recent...