Windows 10: Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown

Discus and support Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm using a dual boot setup with Windows 10 1607 LTSB and Windows 10 1909 on my PC. My PC rig is quite old: Asus P7H55 M-LX board Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AjayS2, Apr 21, 2020.

1. AjayS2 Win User

Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown

Hi there, I'm using a dual boot setup with Windows 10 1607 LTSB and Windows 10 1909 on my PC. My PC rig is quite old:

Asus P7H55 M-LX board

Intel Core Xeon X3450

8GB DDR3

GTX 1060 6GB

I've been able to use the LTSB version perfectlywith latest Nvidia driver without any issues but when I try booting up the latest 1909I've also tried the LTSC 1809 but still have the same issue. The issue being while booting, the windows loading wheel spins and I get a freeze with the HDD light going solid. I'm unable to reset using the reset button/power button, I'll have to unplug and plug it back to restart. Ive tried reinstalling many recent versions of windows10 including the LTSC one but the issue still exists. Another thing to note is after reinstalling it boots fine until I install the latest Nvidia driver, after restart the issue comes. Out of maybe 10 or 15 failed attempts, it logins perfectly for once but then again after restart it happens again. Also safe mode boot seems to have no problem booting. My guess is the Nvidia driver conflicting with something which the later versions of windows have. Please help

:)

AjayS2, Apr 21, 2020
  2. BG60148 Win User

spinning wheel on windows 100 startup

A spinning wheel spins upon windows 10 startup. Startup is taking over 1 minute. Any suggestions?

BG60148, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Spinning blue wheel icon.

Hi Pat,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to corrupted system file after updating Windows. In order for us to further assist you , we'd like to ask a few questions with the issue on spinning blue wheel icon.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Is it possible for you to send us a screenshot of the issue?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown

Spinning wheel freeze at Win Logo - Bootloop

Hi, i made the mistake to accept the installation of a Security Update for Win Creators update, and after that my PC won't startup.. Cannot enter in safe mode because at the very first moment that the wheel starts to spin, it freezes and restart.. Can not
    use the Win 10 Media tool idk why

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off

Jose LuisKoller, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown

1. Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown - Similar Threads - Issue startup Freezes

2. Windows spinning wheel of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spinning wheel of death: My brother recently let his acer laptop do an automatic update and ever since it will turn on to the start up page but sits at the spinning wheel constantly. It's in a loop and won't start up. I can get it to do "preparing automatic repair" but there are no options and screen...
  3. Windows spinning wheel of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spinning wheel of death: My brother recently let his acer laptop do an automatic update and ever since it will turn on to the start up page but sits at the spinning wheel constantly. It's in a loop and won't start up. I can get it to do "preparing automatic repair" but there are no options and screen...
  4. Cannot install Windows 10 on new build PC.... spinning wheel freezes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows 10 on new build PC.... spinning wheel freezes.: Right then, About two months ago, I installed a new Motherboard, CPU, CPU Fan, RAM and PCIe card into an old case. I formatted the harddrive, but for reasons I just can't seem to find the root of, I cannot install Windows 10 on this system. PC Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3...
  5. Windows 10 v1909 or v2004 or v1809 freeze at loading spinning wheel, cant reset or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v1909 or v2004 or v1809 freeze at loading spinning wheel, cant reset or...: I have tried with Win10 v1909, 2004 and 1809LTSC but all have the same issue. While booting Win10 the spinning wheel freezeswith hdd light solid on and there is nothing i can do about it unless i unplug and re plug it back to reset the system. I have tried reinstalling Win10...
  6. spinning blue wheel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spinning blue wheel: this spinning blue wheel is driving me nuts is there an easy way for someone who is not computer literate to stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-blue-wheel/6bf4d66d-141a-4c49-8ae9-bf791341df8f"
  7. Windows 10 stuck at spinning wheel.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck at spinning wheel.: Hi. Today i wanted to update my AMD GRAPHIC CARD but i got an error,so i made a clean uninstall using amd cleanup utility.I restarted my computer and went to windows update to update the driver.Besides the amd update there was another windows update.After download it said...
  8. Windows stuck on spinning wheel on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stuck on spinning wheel on startup: Hi, When I started my computer this morning, and I found it was super slow and lagging on even very basic applications, so I had to force shut it down because it got so bad that it froze and wouldn't respond. When I started it back up I got the loading sign with the windows...
  9. Windows 10 Spinning Bars Freeze On Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Spinning Bars Freeze On Startup: Hello, Ever since I did the fall update on my desktop, I would get frozen bars on startup. This forces me to reboot my computer. Any help would be great! 30437
  10. Windows 10 spinning ferris wheel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 spinning ferris wheel: Installed Windows 10 and seemed to be a good install as OS worked immediately after installed. Shut down and now all I get is a blue screen and those little balls that spin. 25190