Windows 10: Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update:

Discus and support Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update: in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; People using Windows Defender will probably see a Windows Defender notification after a scan saying that an item was skipped. I think this started... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mcd73165, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update:

People using Windows Defender will probably see a Windows Defender notification after a scan saying that an item was skipped. I think this started happening for me after the last Windows Defender Update on February 3 but could have been after a Windows Update at some point after that. More info is available here: Warning: Windows Defender May Break (Workaround) | www.infopackets.com Using Windows 10 1903 Build 18363.752

:)

Mcd73165, Mar 25, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 25, 2020
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows Defender issues following Windows10 Creator Update Version 1703

Hello,

There may be a few possible reasons why Windows Defender would suddenly have performance issues. To further assess on this, kindly provide the information listed below:

• Did this issue occur only after the Creators Update?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are you getting any error message when trying to launch Windows Defender Security Center?
    • does this issue also happens to other Windows app or programs?
    • What's the status of your CPU and Memory performance (Task Manager) when this issue starts to happen?
    In the mean time, we suggest checking if your Windows Defender is currently on the latest version, and update it if otherwise. You can find more information about Windows Defender updates
    here.

Keep us posted for any changes or outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update: - Similar Threads - Issue Defender last

2. Windows Defender WD Unable to Disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender WD Unable to Disable: There seems to be a new paradigm of security for the Windows Defender services. Even when I use SETTINGS to disable tampering / etc and even when I change ownership of registry keys I still cannot set the Defender services to disable (start = 4). It now appears Defender...
  3. D:\ drive issues after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D:\ drive issues after last update: [ATTACH] I have two drives 1TB C:\ drive SSD and 2TB D:\ drive standard hard drive. The D:\ drive vanished after the last auto-update so I went into Disk Management. Disk management shows "D: 1863.01 GB Healthy (Primary Partition)" and "Online" but it appears the disk...
  4. Windows Update and Windows defender issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Update and Windows defender issues: Hey, a new issue turned up on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T430s Windows 10 Pro Education. I have attached the relevant screenshots. Windows Update says 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes' and won't check for updates. Another is that the Windows...
  5. BSOD after last Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after last Windows update: I got a BSOD with WHEA uncorrectable error, but have had no change in the computer except trying to make the sound better last week and Windows update on March 2nd. Googled and found some 2019 complaints but when I open the sites all I see is very outdated posts. Looked for...
  6. Scrolling bottom issue after last update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scrolling bottom issue after last update.: After last update on 24 nov 2018 (kb 4465663) every file, folder,pages etc scroll bottom of the screen. I have reset pc but the issue remain same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-bottom-issue-after-last-update/7f28f84b-3eb1-42a8-8e95-570cd75f6891
  7. I can't install the last Windows Defender Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install the last Windows Defender Update: I can't install the last Windows Defender Update, I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-the-last-windows-defender-update/1ccafa72-60c6-4f01-8abc-b8d71d6d61e4
  8. defender issues after creator update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...
  9. USB 3.0 issues after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 issues after last update: Hi. My USB pen is not recognized when put in usb 3.0 slot (2.0 is ok): everytime I put it in 3.0 slot, often it shows event id 122 in my event viewer. Randomly it was recognized just one time in about 8-9 tries. Any hints? thanks and good night. Joe UPDATE: ok dudes,...
  10. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues after last update: Both my sons PC and my PC are having issues after that last windows update. We keep randomly losing the Mapped local drives from our PC. The most annoying thing so far is iTunes won't load because it won't connect to the library on the mapped drive. If we try and...