Windows 10: Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update:

Discus and support Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update: in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; People using Windows Defender will probably see a Windows Defender notification after a scan saying that an item was skipped. I think this started... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mcd73165, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update:

People using Windows Defender will probably see a Windows Defender notification after a scan saying that an item was skipped. I think this started happening for me after the last Windows Defender Update on February 3 but could have been after a Windows Update at some point after that. More info is available here: Warning: Windows Defender May Break (Workaround) | www.infopackets.com Using Windows 10 1903 Build 18363.752

:)

Mcd73165, Mar 25, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 25, 2020
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows Defender issues following Windows10 Creator Update Version 1703

Hello,

There may be a few possible reasons why Windows Defender would suddenly have performance issues. To further assess on this, kindly provide the information listed below:

• Did this issue occur only after the Creators Update?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are you getting any error message when trying to launch Windows Defender Security Center?
    • does this issue also happens to other Windows app or programs?
    • What's the status of your CPU and Memory performance (Task Manager) when this issue starts to happen?
    In the mean time, we suggest checking if your Windows Defender is currently on the latest version, and update it if otherwise. You can find more information about Windows Defender updates
    here.

Keep us posted for any changes or outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update: - Similar Threads - Issue Defender last

2. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after last update: Hi As written in the title I have some issues with this update.When I right click on the desktop it only shows part of the right click option context like so:Naturally when I delete the update it goes back to normal, but I don't want to delete every update that cause this...
  3. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after last update: Hi As written in the title I have some issues with this update.When I right click on the desktop it only shows part of the right click option context like so:Naturally when I delete the update it goes back to normal, but I don't want to delete every update that cause this...
  4. windows last update issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows last update issues: After the last windows update when it restarted it said I had to reset my pin due to new security updates. I forgot my password so I had to redo that also. then it came back and said I had no internet. I tried rebooting again. only to have the same issue. so I restarted I'm...
  5. Activate Windows issue after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows issue after last Windows update: After the last Windows update that occurred a day ago on my pc that included KB4586786, KB 45800980 & KB4586863, I now have a message in the sys tray that says I need to activate Windows. This is the same PC that I have been using for about 4years and I have not made any...
  6. Major issues after last update......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major issues after last update......: Last MS update really mad a mess of my system, constantly disconnecting from internet and sometimes fail to recognize the network adapter as well. And yes I have already updated the drivers for the adapter and they are all fine expect Windows who seems incapable to uphold a...
  7. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Working Properly After Last WD Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Working Properly After Last WD Update: Hi. I posted this earlier today but didn't see the post when I went to check it out this afternoon so I'm posting it again. Since the last Windows Defender Platform Update (Version 4.18.2008.4) I've noticed that WD Scheduled Scan Task has been running properly. Previously it...
  8. Printer issues after last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer issues after last Windows 10 update: I installed Windows 10 updates KB4560960 and KB4561600 on 10 June 2020. Prior to that my Brother wireless MFC-490CW printer was working as normal. Today it will not print from the internet. I can print my user settings and can scan and copy. Anyone else have this issue? I...
  9. WiFi issues after the last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi issues after the last update: I have issues with the wifi adapter after the last update because my laptop (HP ProBook 440 G5) can't find any network. I checked the adapters and only see the Ethernet adapter so my next step was to check the network adapter in the device manager but doesn't show me the...
  10. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues after last update: Both my sons PC and my PC are having issues after that last windows update. We keep randomly losing the Mapped local drives from our PC. The most annoying thing so far is iTunes won't load because it won't connect to the library on the mapped drive. If we try and...