Windows 10: Issue with windows detecting monitors

Discus and support Issue with windows detecting monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently having an issue where Windows doesn't detect my multiple displays. Instead it has fused them together making all the programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexKo3, Sep 5, 2020.

1. AlexKo3 Win User

Issue with windows detecting monitors

Hello,

I'm currently having an issue where Windows doesn't detect my multiple displays. Instead it has fused them together making all the programs open right in the middle.

Here is an example.

Issue with windows detecting monitors [​IMG]

I have identified the issue is with the windows not detecting my monitor but not sure how to really fix this issue.

Here is what is says on my graphics card driver...Issue with windows detecting monitors [​IMG]

Let me know what less you need in order to resolve this. I have restarted my computer a few times to see if it was just a weird glitch but that didn't work. I tried unplugging the monitors and plugging them in but that doesn't work either.

I think it is a software issue....

:)

AlexKo3, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Grgr_595 Win User

Windows 10 Not Detecting 2nd Monitor

this recommendation is useless. I followed every step and the troubleshooter said no problems detected. When I had Windows 8.1 I was able to simply plug in my monitor (HannsG 28") via micro HDMI port and it was able to detect it. But Windows 10 does not detect
    my second monitor. The system just does not see it.

Grgr_595, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Dual monitor Detection Issues

• Is this the first time you're setting up your Windows 10 device with multiple displays?
    Yes

• Which port are you using to connect the secondary monitors? Are you using a VGA or an HDMI cable?
    I'm using HDMI cable

Also, I ran the troubleshooter for hardware and devices still did not detect my second monitor.

BensonAddo1, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Issue with windows detecting monitors

Dual monitor Detection Issues

Hello Benson,

For further isolation of the issue, kindly verify the following information:

• Is this the first time you're setting up your Windows 10 device with multiple displays?
    • Which port are you using to connect the secondary monitors? Are you using a VGA or an HDMI cable?

In the meantime, we recommend running the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. This tool will scan and fix any misconfiguration detected with your drivers. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction.

You can also find the troubleshooter online from this
    link

We'll be waiting for the results.

Devlin Sco, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Issue with windows detecting monitors

1. Issue with windows detecting monitors - Similar Threads - Issue detecting monitors

2. monitor not detected on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor not detected on windows 10: I am trying to add monitors using the HP hub and they are not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-not-detected-on-windows-10/a25ce298-bbce-441e-95f3-d32f7e39485b
  3. monitor not detected on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor not detected on windows 10: I am trying to add monitors using the HP hub and they are not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-not-detected-on-windows-10/a25ce298-bbce-441e-95f3-d32f7e39485b
  4. Monitor Detection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Detection: Hi I plugged in a second monitor but in the display settings it says "Didn t detect another display, though I m actually watching my laptop screen in the second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-detection/4a103eb2-66f2-4f2b-9649-78fba320d684
  5. Monitor not Detected

Monitor not Detected: My monitor is not being detected by my laptop ThinkPad Carbon X1 Seems this happened after the MAJOR Windows update a few days ago/ I have tried everything including uninstalling the driver, restoring to before update which is impossible now. Please Help!...
  6. Monitor detection?

Monitor detection?: Hello, After the last big update about 3 weeks ago, when I start my system it fails to detect my second monitor. I have checked and secured all the cable connections. It does not matter if the monitor is on or off when I start the system, it is not detected. When I...
  7. Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues:

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues:: Hello, I will copy-paste the questions found under how to give valuable info about my problem And I will answer that questions. Here it is: 1) Display make and model (if you know the firmware version, please provide this as well) - - it is an 4K Samsung Smart TV 43inch the...
  8. monitor not detected

monitor not detected: In Windows 7, I was using extended display: primary=notebook screen secondary=external monitor Ater installing Windows 10, the primary screen is not detected by the system; only the external monitor works. In "System > Display" it says "didn't detect another...
  9. Multiple Monitor Detection Issue

Multiple Monitor Detection Issue: In Windows 7/8 I've used this program called multiple monitor switcher to change monitor profiles from 1 to 3 to TV etc. In Windows 10 it seems that the display settings once a monitor is disconnect it won't find it again unless I enable it inside of Nvidia control panel...
  10. Monitor not detected

Monitor not detected: I just updated a Gateway netbook from windows 7 to 10. I can use my Samsung TV that is connected with HDMI. However, I can't increase the resolution because my pc does not detect it and acts like the laptop screen is the only display. I used to get full resolution with...