Windows 10: Issue with Windows detecting my drives.

Discus and support Issue with Windows detecting my drives. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TLDR: Windows storage settings wont detect anything besides my C:, the other two function as normal, it just won't allow me to select them, or even see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Krazzymike321, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Issue with Windows detecting my drives.

TLDR: Windows storage settings wont detect anything besides my C:, the other two function as normal, it just won't allow me to select them, or even see them through storage settings.

I did some things that I was recommended to do by guides to get rid of WindowsApps folder, so I could change the location where content is saved. I do not think I overwrite any permissions though.

I've searched many places, high and low, but couldn't find a solution to this annoying problem I am having. Earlier today I was trying to use the Xbox app to download a game, but it was trying to download onto my small C: drive. It told me to either free up space, or change the content is saved, I changed the Apps from C: to E: but it gave me the 0x80070005 issue. I resolved that and restarted my PC to change the content save location, but now I only have one choice, that is C: its not locked, it acts like there is a drop down, there just aren't choices. I can access everything on my D: and E: drives, they function 100% as normal, but for some reason, windows storage wont even acknowledge their existence.

Edit: Windows Build: 19041.867 My Motherboard is a B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC, CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, GPU: RTX 2070 Drives: C (windows installed on C) - SSD, D - HDD, E - HDD.

submitted by /u/Krazzymike321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Krazzymike321, Apr 2, 2021
  2. little cat, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Issue with Windows detecting my drives. [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Issue with Windows detecting my drives.

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Hello Lingam,

As you are facing issues with accessing hard drive on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the hard drive?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Issue with Windows detecting my drives.

1. Issue with Windows detecting my drives. - Similar Threads - Issue detecting drives

2. My laptop is not detecting my external drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not detecting my external drives: I'm trying to access my external harddrive but I'm not able to view or open the drive from file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-my-external-drives/c681b6dc-2dd3-4fb0-b959-61fb83e26ae4
  3. My laptop is not detecting my external drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not detecting my external drives: I'm trying to access my external harddrive but I'm not able to view or open the drive from file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-my-external-drives/c681b6dc-2dd3-4fb0-b959-61fb83e26ae4
  4. Windows is not detecting drive letters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is not detecting drive letters.: Windows is not detecting any of the drives and I can't access data within them however they work fine in another system. None of the drive letters are the same. They don't show up in file explorer and they aren't listed in volumes in diskpart. However they are displayed with...
  5. windows/bios drive detection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows/bios drive detection issue: I am trying to install windows 10 onto my fresh build but it can't find the SSD or m.2 I have installed. Bios pick up both but as soon as I go into the setup process and get to the storage selection their gone. I think I've narrowed the problem down to a drive that I need to...
  6. windows/bios drive detection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows/bios drive detection issue: I am trying to install windows 10 onto my fresh build but it can't find the SSD or m.2 I have installed. Bios pick up both but as soon as I go into the setup process and get to the storage selection their gone. I think I've narrowed the problem down to a drive that I need to...
  7. windows/bios drive detection issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Issue with windows detecting monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with windows detecting monitors: Hello, I'm currently having an issue where Windows doesn't detect my multiple displays. Instead it has fused them together making all the programs open right in the middle. Here is an example. [IMG] I have identified the issue is with the windows not detecting my...
  9. Windows 10 is not detecting the drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 is not detecting the drive: Windows 10 is not detecting the external drive, that is Seagate Freeagent Desk 640 GB. I receive a message that no drive detected. But I didn’t face any troubles when it was running on Windows XP....
  10. Hard drive disk not detected by my windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive disk not detected by my windows: Hard drive disk not detected by my windows. I tried upgrading to the latest windows update but no. Tried to use the Windows Memory Tool, it get's detected but 5 minutes later it disappears. I can't find it in Device manager nor Disk Management. But still is listed in the...